Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 10-05-2009, 12:49 AM   #1
Manson75

Black Belt

vCash: 500
Which Hotel Do the Fighters Stay At?

I'm going to UFC 107 in Memphis and really want to stay at the same hotel as the fighters.

But first I have a few questions:

1. Do all of the fighters stay at the same hotel(does the UFC provide the hotel stay or do the fighters choose their own place)?

2. Is it usually the hotel closest or across the street from where the event is being held? (such as the hotels with the arenas in Vegas)

and

3. Is there any difference between the top level seats($200 - $50), or should I spend a little extra and get a first level seat? I'm kind of doubting I'll be able to see much no matter where I'm sitting, and I'll end up just watching the screens.

Thanks in advance.

Manson75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 12:55 AM   #2
madball

Purple Belt

No idea ...

Have fun all the same though.

Demien Maia
Donald Cerrone
Nog Brothers
BJ Penn
Allistar Overeem
Melvin Manhoef.
madball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 01:04 AM   #3
Tony Davis

Blue Belt

It's usually the hotel closest to the venue but is usually one of the nicer ones. For instance, when we went to the one in Nashville it was the Doubletree I believe. Yes, all of the fighters stay there. They have to. They are there most of the week before so running into them is likely. Dont bother them when they are cutting weight etc though. Also, I prefer the first level seats. The floor seats are overpriced and you cannot see anything.

Tony Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 01:05 AM   #4
japanese steel

Brown Belt

Can't help you with the first 2, but with the tix it depends on how big the arena is. If it only holds 12,000 to 16,000 people then usually the upper areas are better because you can see down into the cage and the cameramen don't get in the way that much. The 3 shows I have been to in vegas, I was about 25 rows from the top and they were pretty good seats. Sometimes you have to watch the screen when it hits the ground, but IMO the middle to upper seats are much better.

Hope that helps. Have fun man. The crowd energy is fucking crazy if you have never been.

Old 10-05-2009, 01:07 AM   #5
JKS

Titanium Belt

They all stay at different hotels. I went to UFC 92 in December. I stayed at Mandaly and Ryo Chonan was there. I saw Forrest and Kongo at different hotels.

Wand
Shogun
Nog(s)
Anderson
Dos Santos
Sergei
Vitor
Barnett
Aldo
Jacare
Erick Silva
JKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 01:08 AM   #6
Baphomet58**
Banned

that's very wierd. i bet you want to watch them sleep.

Baphomet58** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 01:11 AM   #7
Manson75

Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Davis View Post
It's usually the hotel closest to the venue but is usually one of the nicer ones. For instance, when we went to the one in Nashville it was the Doubletree I believe. Yes, all of the fighters stay there. They have to. They are there most of the week before so running into them is likely. Dont bother them when they are cutting weight etc though. Also, I prefer the first level seats. The floor seats are overpriced and you cannot see anything.
cool, thanks man

yeah I've always been worried about running into a fighter before(and after if they lose or are beaten up) because I don't want to mess with their focus or any stresses they got going on.

Manson75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 01:11 AM   #8
positivebalance
Banned

they'll all be at the motel 6 on the wrong side of the tracks...

positivebalance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 01:12 AM   #9
Tony Davis

Blue Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKS View Post
They all stay at different hotels. I went to UFC 92 in December. I stayed at Mandaly and Ryo Chonan was there. I saw Forrest and Kongo at different hotels.
This is incorrect, they were probably just at a different hotel. They were not staying there. It is a rule the fighters have to stay in the same hotel because they are constatly being interviewed/promos/needed for a million different things by the UFC. It's very convenient to have them all together. When it's time to cut weight etc...a fleet of white vans take every camp at the same time to the saunas at the closest health club or whatever.

Tony Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 01:13 AM   #10
prawn fluid**
Banned

im in L.A where is Shogun staying??

prawn fluid** is offline   Reply With Quote