Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 04-02-2012, 12:45 PM   #41
Dbreiden83080

Silver Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senzo Tanaka View Post
I wasn't impressed with how Jones took his first big punch from Machida. He ran, ducked and starting flailing his arms. It was almost like when Brock took an uppercut from Carwin. He panicked.

I'm curious to see if Jones gets frustrated and freaks out if he gets put on his back. If anyone can do it, Rashad can.

I think the Jones riddle will be solved very, very soon.
LOL what a hilarious troll job.. Rampage took a big punch from Machida and proceeded to take 10 steps back right into the cage covering up. Jones took the punch, a few steps back, re-set himself and came forward.. So Rampage doesn't react well to gettting hit either..

Stop trolling..

Dbreiden83080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:46 PM   #42
AkitaMma

Blue Belt

saying that jones will not dominate the fight like crazy aint player hating or fighter bashing

Nick Diaz Gsp Paulo thiago.
Nate Diaz benson Henderson Jeremy stephens.
Aldo benavidez.
Cruz.
AkitaMma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:46 PM   #43
Lobizon

Orange Belt

I do think that Rashad has a really good chance to get Jones to the mat, probably better than any other fighter we've seen Jones against. I don't think that he'll be able to keep him there though, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Lobizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:49 PM   #44
lapollarecords

Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetjoeblack View Post
Yet, I am "trolling" according to those who lack mma knowledge when I say, had that been a fight with Anderson, Bones would have been coming out of a concussion or comma staring at the ceiling. Hendo who has a better chin than Bones couldn't escape. Machida failed to finish at age 34. People forget that, Fedor is old in his age yet, LHWs are prime? I am not sure where this logic comes from?

Problem with Shad is that, he cannot take a lot of punishment due to his chin. Not quite glass but, not grannite either. If he can mix in TDs and big strikes, the fight is his to win. For some, you would believe height and reach is a advantage yet, I feel Bones doesn't utilize it well.

IMO Bones has reach but, its under utilized, and had he better striking, he would be so much harder to beat. Yes, he is improving but, the shot lands, and he ran straight back. Yes, a fighter needs to catch their composure but, STRAIGHT BACK? If Evans lands like he did on Chuck, it will be lights out.

I got my doubts people but, stranger things have happened (61sec sub). I am putting peanuts on Shad. Placing my bet. I doubt it but, i would hate to miss out on this.
have you ever been punched in the face when being on one leg?

lapollarecords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:57 PM   #45
redbrownhaze

Black Belt

Hendo says Rshad is the better wrestler? Is he on medical BC Bud too?

Jones has savagely embarrassed every great wrestler he's fought taking them down and blowing their heads up with elbows and chokes lol. I don't think Hendo appreciates or respects the awkward way Jones rag dolls people. Everything he does has a purpose one he gets his hands on you.

That's a good one Dany, you made me laugh. Just like when he said Anderson got lucky lol

redbrownhaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:58 PM   #46
meetjoeblack**
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapollarecords View Post
have you ever been punched in the face when being on one leg?
Excuses. Yes is the answer and no, I did not go straight back.

meetjoeblack** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 01:02 PM   #47
Lanshire

Silver Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasum View Post
Hendo is player hating.

Jones doesn't have to stop the takedowns, as he'll be the one taking rashad down.
You think so? That seems doubtful to me. I think Hendo wanted the UFC to give him a shot at Jones before they gave Evans his shot. Also, it seems to me Hendo would rather be the one to beat Jones since Hendo likes playing the role of giant killer.

Old 04-02-2012, 01:12 PM   #48
My Bad
Banned

The wrestling aspect of this fight is going to be more interesting than I previously thought. I'm looking forward to seeing how it plays out.

My Bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 01:14 PM   #49
crankshaft

Purple Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetjoeblack View Post
Excuses. Yes is the answer and no, I did not go straight back.
Rashad went straight back and got KTFO after taking the same shots as Jones and Rampage did. Jones recovered quite well and won in devastating fashion. Rashad got, well....Shadfaced.

I got Jones via 2 round TKO.

crankshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 01:15 PM   #50
Dirty Samurai

Orange Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by crankshaft View Post
Rashad went straight back and got KTFO after taking the same shots as Jones and Rampage did. Jones recovered quite well and won in devastating fashion. Rashad got, well....Shadfaced.

I got Jones via 2 round TKO.
True that. I'm taking Jones by TKO in 3.

Dirty Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote