Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 04-02-2012, 12:33 PM   #31
donbon

Blue Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexwave2003 View Post
Hendo knows more about mma than I do, so I wont pretend otherwise.
Don't underestimate your common sense. Most good fighters like Randy Couture are horrible at picking winners.

donbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:34 PM   #32
meetjoeblack**
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkenWouldOwn View Post
I am not a Jones fan. But it's a testament to how great he is that his haters cling so hard to that 1 hard flurry Machida landed and twist it into him somehow being almost KO'd, and try to make it seem like he was getting his ass kicked.

If anything, his patience in not being aggressive during the first round against a very tough style in Machida is a credit to him, as is the fact that he took a hard shot and hardly seemed affected... then rocked and finished Machida in the next round.

Machida is one of my favorites and I was thrilled when he won the first round.. but it was a close round and Bones didn't even get knocked down, he just got staggered for a second by a hard counter while he was off balance. We are just not used to seeing him get hit so people made more out of it than it really was.

In no way to I consider Jones invincible. I think his psychotic fans who think he will hold the LHW and HW belts for 10 years are delusional lol. But I think he is a better striker, wrestler, and gameplanner than Rashad and I think he'll outclass him. Just my opinion.
Machida is almost a decade older bro. People wanna talk. 1 punch, not a flurry, and Bones ran straight back. Yes, Tito did the same when hit by Wand or Hendo backed up when Anderson almost put his lights out. It happens to every fighter but, straight back?

He likely does beat Shad but, Hendo and Shad carry more power. Machida hasn't looked great for sometime and if the fight had been a few years early, bones wasn't so young, I think Machida takes him.

meetjoeblack** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:35 PM   #33
meetjoeblack**
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexwave2003
Hendo knows more about mma than I do, so I wont pretend otherwise.
Hendo is still ranting about Silva who ate his food. Shad is a better match up due to chin. Hendo lands 1x it will be bad news.

meetjoeblack** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:35 PM   #34
pretzelguard

Purple Belt

delusional hendo is delusional

Old 04-02-2012, 12:36 PM   #35
rhay777

Black Belt

rashad will lose due to strikes or sub. ill be very surprised if he lasts as long as machida

Old 04-02-2012, 12:36 PM   #36
arrelione
Member of the YES!!! Revolution

I hope Dan is right.

arrelione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:36 PM   #37
SideKickPro24

Orange Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Form View Post
I was waiting for this comment and I have to say that in coincides with the comment below. I think Hendo likes his chances better against Evans and so in his mind this is how he imagines the fight going. I agree that he would rather face Evans.
lol. and honestly i'd rather see him face evans.

SideKickPro24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:38 PM   #38
Dbreiden83080

Silver Belt

Jones has completely ragdolled every wrestler he has faced so the wrestling debate is in no way easy to pick..

Dbreiden83080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:41 PM   #39
WalkenWouldOwn
WHAT YEAR IS IT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetjoeblack View Post
Machida is almost a decade older bro. People wanna talk. 1 punch, not a flurry, and Bones ran straight back. Yes, Tito did the same when hit by Wand or Hendo backed up when Anderson almost put his lights out. It happens to every fighter but, straight back?

He likely does beat Shad but, Hendo and Shad carry more power. Machida hasn't looked great for sometime and if the fight had been a few years early, bones wasn't so young, I think Machida takes him.
Shogun is younger than Machida... what's your excuse for his loss? Injuries? Does Jones have any wins you consider legitimate?

I would love to see Anderson KO Jones. But if he didn't, I guess you would just say he was too old?

Old 04-02-2012, 12:43 PM   #40
MajorDog
Banned

oh Decision Dan

MajorDog is offline   Reply With Quote