Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 04-02-2012, 02:57 PM   #101
Kneeuinthenutz

Gold Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by keese View Post
Kind of seems like it (in bold) makes you upset.
Okay?

Kneeuinthenutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 03:00 PM   #102
Dbreiden83080

Silver Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilCam View Post
Do you think Jones will take Rashad down or how do you Jones hitting a sub? Just curious how you think this will play out.

I think Rashad will win by TKO by the way just to get that out in the open.
I think this is the best LHW fight in years. Both guys in their primes and highly skilled. I see a competitive fight for 2 rds where Jones is getting the better of the striking, using his range, jab and kicks. Shad will look to force the action by shooting for single and double legs and trying to get off his punches in close. I think by round 3 Rashad is going to have a tougher time closing the distance and getting his hands on Jon. I think he will start to get broken down by the range and eventually Jon takes him down from the clinch. Lands some elbows, Works to get the back, and look to sink in that RNC like he did with Rampage.. That's my take but should be a hell of a fight..

Can't wait..

Dbreiden83080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 03:03 PM   #103
JoseAldoKillaBe

Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinisterSpider View Post
i honestly wouldnt be surprised if bones pulls guard for no reason at all other than to fuck with rashad
Or a last-10-seconds flying triangle like he did against Page. Jones is a mindfucker, for sure.

JoseAldoKillaBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 03:04 PM   #104
PhilCam
Go Big Red!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbreiden83080 View Post
I think this is the best LHW fight in years. Both guys in their primes and highly skilled. I see a competitive fight for 2 rds where Jones is getting the better of the striking, using his range, jab and kicks. Shad will look to force the action by shooting for single and double legs and trying to get off his punches in close. I think by round 3 Rashad is going to have a tougher time closing the distance and getting his hands on Jon. I think he will start to get broken down by the range and eventually Jon takes him down from the clinch. Lands some elbows, Works to get the back, and look to sink in that RNC like he did with Rampage.. That's my take but should be a hell of a fight..

Can't wait..
Good deal, I'm very excited for this too. Lots of good title fights coming up.

I wonder if Jones will be more hesitant to throw kicks because it may make it easier for Rashad to take him down. We've also seen that Rashad has good enough GNP to deal significant damage so I would imagine Jones would avoid being on bottom at all costs.

PhilCam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 03:04 PM   #105
akimbo1887

Blue Belt

if jones is one his back then evans will b getting triangled, ya yuh herd it right here

Old 04-02-2012, 03:06 PM   #106
kaunman24
Excellent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kneeuinthenutz View Post
And a very fair and well thought out post that is greatly appreciated. I just didn't want to quote the entire thing.

I will say what followed this I didn't care for much.

You want everyone to fight with what they have naturally then everyone has to play by the rules...Nothing artificial at all. NOTHING. Just eat right, and exorcize.

That would be the only fair way to do it....

Of course it's a boy's dream, and would never ever happen...You try that you can say goodbye to the sports industry.

Some feel it's not right for a 40 year old many to supplement testosterone to the same limits as everyone else has to stay at.

But a 25 year old taking OTC PED's, etc spiking his own testosterone, red blood cells, and electrolytes? That's somehow ok?
In a perfect world, yes, I would like everyone to be on the most level and natural playing field possible.

If we are drawing lines, I would start it a lot farther back than testosterone. I know there are suppliments that arent harmful, and are available to everyone. Taking in more protein or amino acids is one thing. Fortifying your testosterone level is too far.

Old 04-02-2012, 03:10 PM   #107
afightfann

Blue Belt

Jones will add Rashad to his highlight reel
TKO 3

afightfann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 03:13 PM   #108
Kneeuinthenutz

Gold Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaunman24 View Post

If we are drawing lines, I would start it a lot farther back than testosterone. I know there are suppliments that arent harmful, and are available to everyone. Taking in more protein or amino acids is one thing. Fortifying your testosterone level is too far.
Is it just testosterone you're concerned about?

How about red blood cells, or electrolytes?

For instance 25 year old with no testosterone dysfunction can use OTC products to raise their levels. They can do much more with red blood cells, etc...

I don't see how it's any different than what Dan is doing, if fact it's more effective.

OTC products are not going to work for Dan, but TRT will....Don't see why harnessing new age medicine should be frowned upon if they are following rules.

Kneeuinthenutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 03:14 PM   #109
iNoScopedJFK
TUF Noob

If Hendo says it. It must be true

The TUF Noob King will reign supreme.
iNoScopedJFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 03:16 PM   #110
Antisocial

Blue Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by It Just Is View Post
Jones on his back is possible. I don't think Rashad keeps him there or can consistently take him down.
This. And if Jones puts Shad on his back even once it's over.

Antisocial is offline   Reply With Quote