Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 09-27-2007, 10:55 PM   #1
goosebumps
Banned

vCash: 500
GSP family

Is GSP an only child? If not can you describe his family structure for me really quick. this is for my GSP report, ty!

goosebumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 10:56 PM   #2
nrgizyen

Green Belt

he has a sister ild bang

Old 09-27-2007, 10:57 PM   #3
The-AxeMurderer

Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrgizyen View Post
he has a sister ild bang
pics?

The-AxeMurderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 11:06 PM   #4
goosebumps
Banned

ttt

Old 09-27-2007, 11:06 PM   #5
goosebumps
Banned

haha k just 1 and yea pics for the hell of it. Dont let Georges hear you say that! lol

Old 09-27-2007, 11:08 PM   #6
Doski

Purple Belt

lol a georges essay? sweet

Old 09-27-2007, 11:17 PM   #7
goosebumps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doski View Post
lol a georges essay? sweet
Actually its a oral report heres what I got so far..im on my rough draft

How many of you have heard of Georges “Rush” St-Pierre or GSP?

He is a mixed martial artist who’s 26 years old and competes in the Ultimate Fighting Championship(UFC). Im sure it would surprise most of you to know that Georges is one of the most recognizable Canadian faces in the US and around the world. His accomplishments are up there with some of the greatest Canadian athletes in history.

GSP was born May 19th,1981 in St. Isadore Quebec. Georges and his sister are the children of a lower class Quebec couple. When George was six he began taking Kyukoshin Karate to defend himself from a school bully. Even though money was tight his parents worked extra jobs and sacrificed so Georges could partake.

Georges continued to face adversity through his teenage years as he grew up in a rough area, he’s quoted as saying “they were coming at me to steal my money, steal my hat, steal my shoes, stuff like that”. Initially Georges Karate was adequate defense, and he began to successfully stick up for himself.

However trouble seemed to escalate with age, he was attacked often, sometimes by 5 guys at once and 4 years older. At this point Georges was a star hockey player and beginning to find success in his amateur karate competitions. Others his age had banded together in a gang like atmosphere to fight fire with fire so to speak (Because mugging’s and beatings were frequent in his neighborhood). Georges stayed on his own and out of trouble, he credits karate and his caring family in keeping him away from drugs and gang life.

Georges hockey was taking him to another level and becoming expensive, he had applied his work ethic and will to win and had risen to one of the top players his age in the province. His parents were beginning to feel the financial strain of Georges activities so he was confronted with a choice. Play Hockey or continue with Karate.

Luckily for MMA fans everywhere Georges chose to stick with karate. Just a few days earlier he had seen the premier of mixed martial arts in the United States, the ultimate fighting championship on TV and decided that was something he wanted to become a champion in. He took up Brazilian Ju-Jitsu (submission fighting) and began boxing and wrestling.

He was 16 when he had his first amateur mixed martial arts fight. He took on a 25 year old boxer and won by knockout early in the first round. His pro debut was in 2003 at 170 pounds(also known as the welterweight division), he put on a string of knockout and submission wins against quality opponents. 7 wins, the latest 2 inside the UFC, at the un heard of age of 23 George was given his title shot.

He was facing Matt Hughes, the man considered at that time to be the most dominant welterweight in history. George lost his first ever contest via arm bar submission with only 1 second left in the first round.

thats so far...feel free to edit for me haha if any of you havent seen my other thread my reports about a succesful person whose overcome adversity..and my teacher told me mma wasnt a sport so im kinda taking it on to prove him wrong. Im gunna show the post fight interveiw after Hughes GSP 2 as well

Old 09-27-2007, 11:23 PM   #8
Canned***
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by goosebumps View Post
St. Isadore Quebec.
St Isidore

pronounced "Saint easy-door"

Canned*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 11:27 PM   #9
Canned***
Banned

Also, he was never a hockey "star".
Here's a quote from him:
I play hockey, but I’m just average. I also play chess which I am very good. I used to play for my high school. I won regional tournaments but never the provincials. At one point I was ranked in the top 25 of Quebec.

http://mmafighting.com/gettingtoknow...sstpierre.html

Canned*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 11:34 PM   #10
goosebumps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canned View Post
Also, he was never a hockey "star".
Here's a quote from him:
I play hockey, but I’m just average. I also play chess which I am very good. I used to play for my high school. I won regional tournaments but never the provincials. At one point I was ranked in the top 25 of Quebec.

http://mmafighting.com/gettingtoknow...sstpierre.html
thanks buddy