Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > The Wasteland

The Wasteland Pro Wrestling, Fantasy Matchups, Rehashed MMA, Chat threads, etc.

Old 03-04-2011, 04:09 PM   #281
Akira Yuki

Black Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squarechoke View Post
I think it's just a case of someone telling him that. Most fighters aren't even remotely as interested in reading about details like that as hardcore fans are.
Yeah. I doubt he would waste his time on that.

But back to the statement. Don't you agree that is looks strange when he says something like that?

Akira Yuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 04:09 PM   #282
PrincipeAdam
Volta Minotauro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squarechoke View Post
I think it's just a case of someone telling him that. Most fighters aren't even remotely as interested in reading about details like that as hardcore fans are.
That's so naive that it almost sounds you're intentionally doing it. But since i don't know you, i'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

GSP is a calculist. He is a member of the Jackson camp, known for their perfectly calculated gameplanes. Everybody is talking about this fight, trust it, they know everything there is to know about Silva already.

Old 03-04-2011, 04:09 PM   #283
CuePee**
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieBJJallDay View Post
No he would NOT. He would have the CHOICE.

Dana has NEVER told GSP or the media that GSP has to vacate his WW title.

Dana has always said the GSP wants to vacate his title.

Dana would have no issue with GSP wanting to be the Champ in both divisions, and has shown that he thinks it would be spectacular, and noble for a fighter to try and do such:

- PENN TO DEFEND BOTH TITLES IF HE BEATS ST. PIERRE | MMAWeekly.com
I will just cut and paste this from thread to thread since you keep repeated this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuePee View Post

Whether Dana makes it a condition that a move up must be perminent or GSP makes it a condition that a move up will be perminent due to him not being willing to risk his health the condition exists.

The fact that it is within the realm of possibility that he could change his mind and drop back down does not mean that factors into his decision now.

In his view and his mind a move up to MW is perminent. It is as perminant by his own criteria as it would be if Dana made it a condition.

What matters for GSp and his career outlook is how he sees it and the conditions he puts on it. If he sees the move only being done as a perminent move then in his view he does risk all that.

The fact that Gracieebjj sitting at his computer says 'ah that may or may not be true...he could always change his view later and drop' has no bearing on what GSp has to use to assess his decision.

to him it is a perminant move with all the same raminfications.

And btw Dana has long since given Anderson the green light to move up and fight anywhere so stop using that singular quote to justify things.

CuePee** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 04:10 PM   #284
daddyfatstax

Orange Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuyThaiTom View Post
CuePee will be here soon.

GSP - How long does it take someone to properly move up a weight class? What did you say? Until Anderson Silva is really really old? Ok, sounds reasonable.
God damn

daddyfatstax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 04:10 PM   #285
KNOB

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira Yuki View Post
And guys like Forrest and Rampage can walk around at 250 pounds...

So Anderson who fights at mw, fought a guy who based on weight alone could fight as a hw.

But that's walkiing around weight, which is irrelevant.
If it was irrelevant then why did you talk about him weighing 207 pounds?

Anderson would be favored to beat Rampage at LHW. Do you doubt that? Anderson already beat Forrest at LHW. Do you think it was skill alone that allowed Anderson to fight and dominated at LHW?

Old 03-04-2011, 04:11 PM   #286
TrueGrit

Purple Belt

I think Silva's walk around weight is around 220lbs. OMG... GSP exaggerated by 10lbs? let's blow this out of proportion and use it as an excuse to call him a coward lol. He also said Silva was bigger then most of the guys at LHW, which isn't really that far fetched. When facing Forrest, Silva didn't look small at all, and Forrest's one of the biggest LHWs.

GSP pointed out he'd have a clear disadvantage in size, which he would. What's the big deal?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KghlQU8e3g - Why I love MMA.
TrueGrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 04:11 PM   #287
GracieBJJallDay**
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanda Sanshou View Post
..Even if he is scared so f'ing what??

He probably thinks he'll be slower at 185 and less quick on his feet so its natural for him to be scared, I mean Anderson himself even ruled out anting to tackle Shogun at LHW.

Besides there are a whole host of WW fighters that want to test GSP
How would he be less quick when he would be cutting LESS weight?

Do you know what dehydration does to your body?

GSP only cutting 5-10 pounds for MW would make him feel better than the current 18+ pound cut...

GracieBJJallDay** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 04:11 PM   #288
tennprosecutor

Orange Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by servel20 View Post
Exactly proving my point. Musclewise Anderson looks bigger than forrest, i know they have very different builds, but Anderson is a huge MW and looks like he is a big LH.
LOL. He looks bigger because he had to put on weight, and Forrest had to lose it. Forrest is so drained out in that photo. The reason he doesn't look big is because he had to suck every ounce of water out of him to get down to 205. Do you really not understand weight cutting?

tennprosecutor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 04:11 PM   #289
Squarechoke

Silver Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira Yuki View Post
Yeah. I doubt he would waste his time on that.

But back to the statement. Don't you agree that is looks strange when he says something like that?
It would probably be smarter just to categorically say "I focus on Shields", yes.

Squarechoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 04:12 PM   #290
deaf-naked-guy

Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanda Sanshou View Post
..E

Besides there are a whole host of WW fighters that want to test GSP

as of right now who is there after shields?? unless some of the younger guys take that next step there is nothing waiting for him..

deaf-naked-guy is offline   Reply With Quote