Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > The Wasteland

The Wasteland Pro Wrestling, Fantasy Matchups, Rehashed MMA, Chat threads, etc.

Old 03-04-2011, 02:57 PM   #191
Avid Fan

Blue Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLesnar View Post
gsp should stay at ww, and test the waters at 185 with normal fighters and thats it .. everyone at 205 would kill anderson, rashad will own him, bones will TKO him or sub him like hes the easiest fighter hes ever fought .. u know that
Where to start............Yeah..........I just realized you are to stupid to understand my reply.

Avid Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 02:57 PM   #192
Jackonflame

Gold Belt

vCash: 300
If GSP wants to move up, he should take a warm up fight or two. No reason to jump to the head of the line.

Old 03-04-2011, 02:59 PM   #193
BMD**
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieBJJallDay View Post
No he would NOT. He would have the CHOICE.

Dana has NEVER told GSP or the media that GSP has to vacate his WW title.

Dana has always said the GSP wants to vacate his title.

Dana would have no issue with GSP wanting to be the Champ in both divisions, and has shown that he thinks it would be spectacular, and noble for a fighter to try and do such:

- PENN TO DEFEND BOTH TITLES IF HE BEATS ST. PIERRE | MMAWeekly.com
GSP said if he moves to MW it is going to be permanant. He's going to add extra muscle on his already big welterweight frame. He would never be able to go back down to WW.

This is why he would have to vacate it. Not because the UFC is making him, but because he wants his matches at MW to be as fair as possible... and in order to do that, he's going to put on weight.

So he knows that IF he moves up, and does it right, he is going to have to let go of his WW title.

And I'm thinking that is what he is apprehensive about. He doesn't want to give up the title he's worked so hard to earn.

He's not scared to fight Anderson. He has said if Anderson wants to come down to WW and fight for his title, he'll gladly welcome it.

I think he doesn't want to give up his reign at WW... then if he loses to Anderson, he will have NO titles.

BMD** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 02:59 PM   #194
chinqlinq

Orange Belt

people saying theres a double standard cause anderson should move up to 205 are coming off like blind GSP nuthuggers.

anderson didnt want to fully move up to 205 because he had 2 really close stable mates @ 205 in lil nog and machida. lil nog isnt really in title contention anymore, but machida definitely was the champ just a few fights before and even if he were to have lost the belt in the first fight against shogun, everyone will still consider him a top 3 LHW. therefore, meaning he was still in title contention, making it near impossible for anderson to NOT fight machida should he bump up to 205 and make a run himself at the belt.

chinqlinq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 02:59 PM   #195
GracieBJJallDay**
Banned

Can we just do a catchweight at 182 in California, where they allow 5 round "superfights"?

I'm getting tired of all this nonsense.

GracieBJJallDay** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 03:00 PM   #196
HookEmHaggy

Yellow Belt

If GSP is "scared" of Silva and he is an athlete not a fighter, the same must be said for NIck Diaz because he won't fight Mayhem at 185.

HookEmHaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 03:00 PM   #197
Vespiron
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy2k View Post
Really???

GSP - 5'10"
Kos - 5'10"
Hardy - 6'
Fitch - 6'
Kampmann - 6'
Shields - 6'
Condit - 6'1"
Is physique not a factor in size? GSP has monstrous legs at WW, fool.

Vespiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 03:00 PM   #198
KNOB

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieBJJallDay View Post
No he would NOT. He would have the CHOICE.

Dana has NEVER told GSP or the media that GSP has to vacate his WW title.

Dana has always said the GSP wants to vacate his title.

Dana would have no issue with GSP wanting to be the Champ in both divisions, and has shown that he thinks it would be spectacular, and noble for a fighter to try and do such:

- PENN TO DEFEND BOTH TITLES IF HE BEATS ST. PIERRE | MMAWeekly.com
That was all talk, logistically it probably wouldn't have been possible in the long term for Penn to defend both titles and everyone knows that. Dana also knew there was very little chance of Penn beating GSP, so talk of him defending both titles amounted to hype from a fight promoter. Wow what a surprise!

Talk of Penn holding 2 titles actually has nothing to do with GSP holding 2 titles.

Old 03-04-2011, 03:00 PM   #199
DarthChen731

Silver Belt

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake_me View Post
exactly

people seem fine with Anderson refusing to go to 205, but GSP is a coward for not wanting to jump in the octagon with a killer like Silva. It's not congruent with his play it safe strategy.
AKA, now that Silva wants to stay at Middleweight and not move up you people are getting on his ass too, but still say it's fine that GSP stays at WW.

I will marry Gina

FatneckMusic.bandcamp.com
DarthChen731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 03:02 PM   #200
GracieBJJallDay**
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMD View Post
GSP said if he moves to MW it is going to be permanant. He's going to add extra muscle on his already big welterweight frame. He would never be able to go back down to WW.

This is why he would have to vacate it. Not because the UFC is making him, but because he wants his matches at MW to be as fair as possible... and in order to do that, he's going to put on weight.

So he knows that IF he moves up, and does it right, he is going to have to let go of his WW title.

And I'm thinking that is what he is apprehensive about. He doesn't want to give up the title he's worked so hard to earn.

He's not scared to fight Anderson. He has said if Anderson wants to come down to WW and fight for his title, he'll gladly welcome it.

I think he doesn't want to give up his reign at WW... then if he loses to Anderson, he will have NO titles.
I understand and agree with what you are presenting.

The only point I am trying to make is that GSP COULD try and be the champ of both divisions. He is already ~193-5 and able to make WW just fine.

Anderson WOULD attempt to do this, but Dana has said he cannot.

GracieBJJallDay** is offline   Reply With Quote