Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 04-27-2008, 04:18 PM   #51
mattsilf

Orange Belt

vCash: 500
lutter, never comes in in good enough shape

Old 04-27-2008, 04:20 PM   #52
pikapikabdawg
Banned

After DUH SPIDER loses his next fight they should dig a grave for him and send him packing also.

pikapikabdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 04:26 PM   #53
IngenuityGap

Brown Belt

Lutter is gone now. I guess a 2-5 record in the UFC with two losses in a row were enough for Joe Silva to cut him.

Travis Lutter cut from the UFC | MMAjunkie.com

"Ever since I was in junior high, I have been called Master Groin Squeezer, and had absolute confidence in this technique." Masahiko Kimura
IngenuityGap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 04:27 PM   #54
Brandon Rosler

White Belt

I think its great that the UFC is FINALLY dropping their fighters and are planning for a much smaller roster. This will def. benifit other organizations such as Elite which is def. getting alot of spotlight exposure right now, and even more importantly it will help a new company like Dream have a chance to scoop up some decent fighters. The better other organizations get the better the UFC be. We will start seeing stacked cards alot more often and fights that people wanna see and not just some suit (not to mention any names) making the calls. I would love to see Dream become what Pride was and go head to head with the UFC again so that both orgs to compete with each other to make some of the best fights in MMA history.
I have mixed feelings about Travis Lutter being released seeing as he may not have a great record but his last two losses have been to Silva and Franklin and both those guys so god damn good they should have two frickin belts and two champs in the weight class.
There are other fighters that have been doig alot worse and should have been let go before Lutter.

Brandon Rosler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 04:31 PM   #55

Purple Belt

Lutter is cut

007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 04:31 PM   #56
Bmonny

Blue Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedUp View Post
I wouldn't exactly say he gave Silva his toughest fight to date. I think Silva put himself in that position because he said prior to his fight with Lutter that he was going to beat him by a triangle choke and made sure he did. I don't think his two losses in a row warrant him being cut, but the UFC has been doing a lot of this lately. Look at Obrien, one loss on his record to AA and he got cut too.
that is the dumbest thing i have ever heard

Edith ftw

GSP, KOS, PAGE, COTE, GRIFFIN, HERRING, BAS
Bmonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 04:33 PM   #57
TheSpeciman

Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjelaphant View Post
The UFC is heavily invested in both fighters.

They wont be cut but they will not be invited back after their contracts are up.
Sounds logical. Or they might sign them back for cheaper.

-Slayer
TheSpeciman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 04:36 PM   #58
Buckethead

Orange Belt

lutter

Old 04-27-2008, 04:36 PM   #59
Michael Davis
Professional Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavriel View Post
well there we go lol, if grove loses to Tanner then hes gone

"I was stopped afterward, but even if I hadn't been, continuing to break it more would have been fine by me.
Shinya F***ing Aoki
Michael Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 04:39 PM   #60
Bad Brain

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushidokirby View Post
There's a thread talking about how Lutter was just cut from the UFC. I really think Lutter should have stayed, he only lost to 2 really good fighters. If Kendall loses to Tanner expect him to leave.
yeah but he also didn't make weight in a title fight and didn't win any fights since TUF.

but I think the main issue is that his performances were not exciting. he had no interest in fighting in the franklin fight, he was doing the tucked-head desperate for the takedown dance.

he offered no excitement in the fight at all. he got a co-main event on a highly anticipated rematch featuring one of the most popular fighters in the world in GSP, and seems like he didn't get his cardio game up at all.

the problem is that they're looking to cut 50 guys from their roster, sooo, it's not surprising that he was one of them. had this fight been last year before they were looking to make so many cuts, he probably wouldn't have been released.

at least kendall has some wins and even in his losses the fights were entertaining. he lost each fight because he went in there swinging and got caught. not because he wasn't prepared enough to go 2 full rounds. his losses were in completely different fashion to lutter's.

Last edited by Bad Brain; 04-27-2008 at 04:47 PM.
Bad Brain is offline   Reply With Quote