Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > The Wasteland

The Wasteland Pro Wrestling, Fantasy Matchups, Rehashed MMA, Chat threads, etc.

Old 01-17-2011, 08:52 PM   #141
o'dubhlaoich

Red Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl14 View Post
A couple months ago....You are about as sharp as the TS who doesnt "fell" sorry for B.J. Penn.
WOW I feel stupid. Seriously tho. Does a win over a end of the career Hughes and Fitch mean he is number two at 170?

Old 01-17-2011, 08:53 PM   #142
jmcharlton**
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin Manhoef View Post
All rankings in MMA are opinion, I never debated that. What I said every legit MMA website had Sanchez top 10, therefore technically it is a top 10 win for Penn just like all the other top 10 wins ive listed.

Please show me some legit sites rankings to prove me wrong.

Edit: Also to your claims that MMAWeekly has Zuffa bias - http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f2/mma...kings-1507125/
Thats your problem, you think these sites rankings are legit, none of them are. Sherdogs is probly the worst.

How about you explain to me how a guy thats had 2 fights and his best win is a SD over an unranked fighter makes him a top 10 fighter

MMAWEEKLY has Couture at #10, if you dont think theyre biased, youre mistaken.

jmcharlton** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 08:54 PM   #143
TheSpartan

Only uneducated fans will look at the fight finder and attempt to conjure up some bullshit theory as to why BJ Penn was "Never that good". That's mostly on Sherdog, though. Outside of Sherdog, you will find many intelligent MMA fans that can look at his career objectively, and give the guy the proper respect that he's earned.

He's only 32-years old. I don't imagine that BJ has just this one fight left. We'll see where he goes from here.

-Tywin Lannister
TheSpartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 08:55 PM   #144
jmcharlton**
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSpartan View Post
Only uneducated fans will look at the fight finder and attempt to conjure up some bullshit theory as to why BJ Penn was "Never that good". That's mostly on Sherdog, though. Outside of Sherdog, you will find many intelligent MMA fans that can look at his career objectively, and give the guy the proper respect that he's earned.

He's only 32-years old. I don't imagine that BJ has just this one fight left. We'll see where he goes from here.
Whys that, because fight finder is RESULTS!!! And FACTS! And we all know how BJ fans hate facts.

I think BJ has gotten more than enough "respect" for his resume.

Old 01-17-2011, 09:03 PM   #145
Melvin Manhoef
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcharlton View Post
Thats your problem, you think these sites rankings are legit, none of them are. Sherdogs is probly the worst.

How about you explain to me how a guy thats had 2 fights and his best win is a SD over an unranked fighter makes him a top 10 fighter

MMAWEEKLY has Couture at #10, if you dont think theyre biased, youre mistaken.
Like I said rankings are all opinion...But im basing Penn's top 10 wins on how the majority of MMA sites had these fighters ranked. Ya get me?

Give me a major MMA site that never had Sanchez or any of the other guys top 10 when Penn beat them. Until then were done.

Melvin Manhoef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 09:07 PM   #146
jmcharlton**
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSpartan View Post

Quote:
Like I said rankings are all opinion...But im basing Penn's top 10 wins on how the majority of MMA sites had these fighters ranked. Ya get me?

Give me a major MMA site that never had Sanchez or any of the other guys top 10 when Penn beat them. Until then were done.

I dont even think Sherdog was dumb enough to put Sanchez top 10. All youre doing is using someone elses work related opinion to justify it. How about I give you MY rankings, and you start using those as reality. Penn has very few top 10 wins.

Old 01-17-2011, 09:11 PM   #147
Melvin Manhoef
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcharlton View Post
I dont even think Sherdog was dumb enough to put Sanchez top 10. All youre doing is using someone elses work related opinion to justify it. How about I give you MY rankings, and you start using those as reality. Penn has very few top 10 wins.
Why would I care about your rankings? What are your credentials in the MMA media? Heres my rankings:

1. me
2. you.

you mad?

Melvin Manhoef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 09:15 PM   #148
jmcharlton**
Banned

Quote:
Why would I care about your rankings? What are your credentials in the MMA media? Heres my rankings:

1. me
2. you.

you mad?
The only credentials you need is being smart. And Im smarter than you.

If you were as smart as me, you would realize that you dont need credentials since rankings are based on facts.

Old 01-17-2011, 09:15 PM   #149
GreenWhiteRed

Green Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKnight81 View Post
He won't be remembered as #2 in LW by a lot of people. Frankie may have beaten BJ twice but he has yet to surpass BJ's legacy in that division.
Frankie hasn't surpassed BJ's legacy yet. Frankie has a very promising career and seems to get better each fight.

170: Rush
155: The Carpenter
145: KenFlo
135: California Kid
125: Joe-B Wan Kenobi
GreenWhiteRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 09:16 PM   #150
mcoope3

White Belt

If he beats Fitch he will obviously move up to Middleweight and take an immediate title shot at Anderson Silva.

mcoope3 is offline   Reply With Quote