Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 05-27-2013, 03:16 PM   #1
J10Abu

Orange Belt

vCash: 500
Does Silva want Jones or GSP?

During the UFC 159 post fight press conference Dana White said Silva wanted a super fight. I was suprised by the amount of people that thought he wanted Jones. I personally thought Silva wanted GSP after he saw Jones man handle Sonnen. Who do you think Silva wants to fight and why?

J10Abu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 03:17 PM   #2
wilKO

Silver Belt

GSP obviously.

Old 05-27-2013, 03:22 PM   #3
MMASuperfan

Green Belt

GSP has to happen first or it will never happen. Too bad GSP would rather cut off a leg than fight Silva. Silva would KO him in the first or second round.

They're probably never going to have GSP vs Silva or Jones vs Silva. It's part of being a fight promoter... you have to constantly hold that carrot over the fight fans' heads. Once they have the fight, the big money is gone and then what's left?

Silva would beat both of them.

MMASuperfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 03:23 PM   #4
Son of Sonnen

Blue Belt

I think he wants Jones first. I would take the tougher fight first. Not beat GSP and then have Jones win only one fight and be considered the greatest of the three.

Son of Sonnen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 03:24 PM   #5
vanzella
Rebelde

vCash: 50
Money

Old 05-27-2013, 03:27 PM   #6
N0**
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMASuperfan View Post
GSP has to happen first or it will never happen. Too bad GSP would rather cut off a leg than fight Silva. Silva would KO him in the first or second round.

They're probably never going to have GSP vs Silva or Jones vs Silva. It's part of being a fight promoter... you have to constantly hold that carrot over the fight fans' heads. Once they have the fight, the big money is gone and then what's left?

Silva would beat both of them.
Lol, how can you believe that? Have you seen Jones vs Sonnen? That's the same guy who put andy on his ass at will.

N0** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 03:31 PM   #7
alfredunhill

Blue Belt

Wouldn't make much sense for him to text Dana after a Jones fight to say he wants GSP, especially since we had already seen him in the crowd when GSP was fighting Condit, which GSP found disrespectful, and I believe this is why GSP is being disrespectful in return by saying that Anderson will get finished and no superfight will happen. Could it be possible that Anderson would rather fight Jones than Weidman for his legacy? A loss to Jones doesn't necessarily hurt his legacy but a loss to Weidman derails alot of his hype...

Old 05-27-2013, 03:32 PM   #8
MMASuperfan

Green Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Sonnen View Post
I think he wants Jones first. I would take the tougher fight first. Not beat GSP and then have Jones win only one fight and be considered the greatest of the three.
If he beat the LHW champ what would be the appeal in facing the WW champ? That's dumb...plus Jones has time to rebound and get back on top if he loses, where as GSP and Silva have been dominant for much longer. Jones first makes no sense if any of us ever want to see GSP vs Silva.

MMASuperfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 03:32 PM   #9
MarkHammer

Black Belt

vCash: 7252
He very clearly wants GSP and not Jones.

Of course none of the Silva fan-boys who give GSP shit for "ducking" Anderson will mind that he's ducking the hell out of Bones.

MarkHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 03:34 PM   #10
NemoKB

Orange Belt

vCash: 50
GSP has to happen first if both are to happen. It's lower risk (although still high), higher profile and more money. Can't see why Andy would prefer Jones unless he really, really fancies his chances.

NemoKB is offline   Reply With Quote