Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 08-09-2013, 07:16 AM   #1
oswald1

Black Belt

vCash: 500
Do people really think Weidman is the superior fighter?

Between Anderson and Weidman that is? In my opinion Anderson is just bored as hell fighting inferior fighters, thats why he resorts to ''clown tactics'' to make it somewhat exciting.

Obviously he took it too far but in my opinion Anderson is far better than Weidman, which I really didnt expect. I thought Weidman would have had more to offer than he did, but apart from his one takedown and some decent gnp shots, he couldnt do anything and was tiring out rapidly. If you look closely, Anderson didnt even want to punch him hard in fear of beating him too easily. I think the rematch will tell a different story

Old 08-09-2013, 07:24 AM   #2
Jesse James
Chastity Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by oswald1 View Post
Between Anderson and Weidman that is? In my opinion Anderson is just bored as hell fighting inferior fighters, thats why he resorts to ''clown tactics'' to make it somewhat exciting.

Obviously he took it too far but in my opinion Anderson is far better than Weidman, which I really didnt expect. I thought Weidman would have had more to offer than he did, but apart from his one takedown and some decent gnp shots, he couldnt do anything and was tiring out rapidly. If you look closely, Anderson didnt even want to punch him hard in fear of beating him too easily. I think the rematch will tell a different story
Yes, yes I really do.....& guess what? So does Anderson!

Old 08-09-2013, 07:25 AM   #3
Dookieshoes**
Banned

Yes absolutely. I think Chis Weidman is superior to Anderson Silva. He is the UFC middleweight champion. Delusional Anderson Silva fan is delusional.

Dookieshoes** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 07:28 AM   #4
A2DaK3
Banned

Nice. Setting people up to look like future dumbasses.

A2DaK3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 07:28 AM   #5
Mal Intentions

Blue Belt

He got ktfo. Get over it, can't believe people still make threads on it. the only reason he stuffed his tds we're cuz he had his hands low. You can't always have the best of both worlds. He made a mistake with his foot work and got caught. Case closed. Anderson is still better tho imo

Mal Intentions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 07:28 AM   #6
Lou Reed

Blue Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by oswald1 View Post
If you look closely, Anderson didnt even want to punch him hard in fear of beating him too easily.
Go away forever.

Weidman completely deconstructed Anderson's game and beat him everywhere. Almost submitted him, actually knocked him out with GnP (a flash KO), and faked him into leaning into his left hook to KO him.

Weidman even actually gave him a chance by choosing to play to Anderson's strength and keep it standing rather than continue with taking him down and pounding on him where he had been successful, and he still won. Next time he won't be so generous. Anderson won't make it out of Round one if Weidman scores the takedown.

Weidman may or may not be the best in his division, but he's better than Anderson; fighting isn't about doing cool shit, it's about being effective. Anderson might be #1p4p at looking cool, but in terms of EFFECTIVENESS, Weidman has his number.

Old 08-09-2013, 07:32 AM   #7
knock_you_out

Brown Belt

Did you see the fight? Silva landed a few kicks to Weidman's leg and zero strikes to his head, while Weidman knocked Silva the FO!

knock_you_out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 07:32 AM   #8
kid buford

Yellow Belt

Get out of here. 0/10

kid buford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 07:34 AM   #9
Spidermine

Blue Belt

Weidman doesn't have the prettiest technique but he obviously got the job done. Get over it.

Spidermine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 07:35 AM   #10
Shwartz

Blue Belt

Chris did better than expected standing and did well in the grappling department, so, unless Spider manages to beat him convincingly in the rematch, Weidman stays superior fighter between these two.
And I'm Spider's nuthugger.