Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 03-25-2010, 09:10 PM   #61
brian12

Brown Belt

vCash: 500
Henderson

All the guy does is hunt, train and drive around in his tractor. - Smigg
brian12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 09:13 PM   #62
deralict22
PHENOMenal Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD66 View Post
Yes, Hendo "won" those fights. And yes I'm bringing fights up from then, because Hendo hasn't changed his style at all and when lesser wrestlers than GSP can outwrestle Hendo it is plausible to think GSP could.

Hendo could connect on GSP, and well if Hendo connected his right flush on anyone from HW down I think he'd knock them out, but he really telegraphs that punch and gets himself off balance to the point where people can shoot and take him down easier than one would think when you take into account Hendo's wrestling accomplishments. (See Kondo, Busta, Ninja fights) So saying GSP could hang with Hendo in the wrestling aspect of a fight really isn't as you said the dumbest statement you've read all day.
He was comparing GSP to Rampage that's the dumbest statement i was referring to. I see your point about the telegraphed right hand, but do you think GSP could honestly hold Henderson down? Plus who's to say Henderson would be the one trying to stand with him? I think Henderson could hold GSP down, but not Vice-versa.

WW: Condit, Diaz, Daley
LW: Penn, Miller, Diaz, Sherk
FW: Aldo :O , Korean Zombie
BW: Faber
deralict22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 09:18 PM   #63
BigD66
This is not tradition

Quote:
Originally Posted by deralict22 View Post
He was comparing GSP to Rampage that's the dumbest statement i was referring to. I see your point about the telegraphed right hand, but do you think GSP could honestly hold Henderson down? Plus who's to say Henderson would be the one trying to stand with him? I think Henderson could hold GSP down, but not Vice-versa.
I didn't see the comparison to Rampage, thats a bit far fetched I'll agree.

McJesus 2015
BigD66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 09:20 PM   #64
KentLewis

Orange Belt

Rush might even be the more well-rounded fighter, even as they're both well-rounded competitors, and if they fought at the same weight St. Pierre might be able to pull Hollywood down, but Georges' greatest threat is a big punch to the chin. I would love to see such a fight, and because St. Pierre would probably be the underdog, I'd bet on a St. Pierre decision. And with St. Pierre stepping up to fight a guy who usually thrashes larger competition, St. Pierre is the winner either way, and if he pulled it off, his legend only expands.

KentLewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 09:24 PM   #65
FlyingKnee101
Banned

hendo by big right hand KO

FlyingKnee101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 09:24 PM   #66
cocky

Red Belt

GSP. Too much speed, stamina and overall striking skill.

cocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 09:28 PM   #67
master legacy

Green Belt

IMO Henderson is in the top 10 all time might be top 5. If you look at his record there isn't anyone who has beaten and fought tougher competition. The man has never had an easy fight and watching him fight Big Nog both times really gave me a ton of respect for that guy. And to be in the ring with as many big names as he has and never have been KO'd is even more impressive. You can call him decision Dan but the guy fights top caliber fighters all the time. Palhrees or whatever his name is was probably the least well known fighter he fought. And Henderson with good cardio would really put GSP through the cleaner i see it ending by a KO. And i agree people do underrate henderson. I really wish he could have fought Silva again.

master legacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 12:03 PM   #68
KojiW

Green Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze015 View Post
Thiago Alves is every bit as big as dan henderson and a more dangerous crisper striker and he didn't just muscle GSP around hendo fights too stupid to be the favorite against gsp that punch he knocked out bisping with would never have landed on gsp it was too telegraphed as are all of hendos punches gsp would pick hendo apart and would most certainly put him on his back repeatedly actually if kos fought smart I think he would put up a good fight with hendo henderson doesnt cut an ounce to fight at 205 he is about the size of a big ww.
Uh, Alves does not have the power of Henderson. At all. GSP might indeed be quicker. But quick enough to avoid Hendo for 5 rounds? In the clinch, Hendo would beat him up. On the ground, Hendo would beat him up. Standing? GSP would need to outpoint him. Only way he takes it.

And in any case, he is an olympian greco roman wrestler, and more talented than GSP in that regard.

KojiW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 12:09 PM   #69
ambiguity***
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnburner View Post
gsp by gnp or submission
war gsp

ambiguity*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 12:10 PM   #70
ambiguity***
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by master legacy View Post
IMO Henderson is in the top 10 all time might be top 5. If you look at his record there isn't anyone who has beaten and fought tougher competition. The man has never had an easy fight and watching him fight Big Nog both times really gave me a ton of respect for that guy. And to be in the ring with as many big names as he has and never have been KO'd is even more impressive. You can call him decision Dan but the guy fights top caliber fighters all the time. Palhrees or whatever his name is was probably the least well known fighter he fought. And Henderson with good cardio would really put GSP through the cleaner i see it ending by a KO. And i agree people do underrate henderson. I really wish he could have fought Silva again.
I see Dan in a wheel chair if it were to happen again but, that is just me.

WAR SPIDER P4P

ambiguity*** is offline   Reply With Quote