Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 07-16-2013, 09:07 PM   #1
Tonycpa

Silver Belt

vCash: 708
Daily updates: GSP's training camp featuring MT Fighter John Wayne Parr

For the next two weeks Legendary Muay Thai fighter John Wayne "The Gunslinger" Parr will be training Georges "Rush" St-Pierre to defeat Johny "Big Rigg" Hendricks at the UFC's 20th anniversary show that will be held November 16th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

If you enjoy his daily updates let him know by posting "thanks" to show your appreciation. There are thousands of lurkers who don't have accounts on this forum. Take a minute to sign up.

It's everyone's responsibility to engage in the fight. It only takes a second to say thank you.

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2/...dated-2504741/
http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2/...g-mma-2543659/
http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2/...ricks-2542973/
http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2/...ailer-2472045/
http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2/...-rigg-2523281/

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWP View Post
Our farewells at the airport yesterday.
I arrived back in Australia this afternoon. Rubbed my eyes and it felt like the whole thing was a dream. I hope everyone enjoyed the journey with me as much as I have enjoyed sharing it.
Really looking forward to Nov 16th. I really hope GSP can win by KO to secure his legacy. He is a great champion and a really good role model of what a champion should be.
Quote:
Last night tonight before heading home tomorrow. Couldn't go home without eating like a Viking once again. One thing I am going to miss when I get back to Australia is the food.
Quote:
Short clip of the pressure I have been putting on GSP to get him used to Hendricks rush forward style.
Quote:
Landing my trademark on GSP
Quote:
Last night after a monster session we went to dinner at TOA and had the most amazing feed. Then from there went to a club to experience New York nightlife. I forget the name of the club, but it was insane. Full of people, but being with GSP straight to the VIP entry with table and waiter service all night. They even provided George with a body guard for the evening just so he wouldn't be bugged by drunken fans (rich drunk fans).
Another night I never forget. Enjoying a beverage with my new buddy.
JWP
"Received another email off Firas, looks like I am going to Tristar in Canada early August for 2 weeks for the sole purpose of training Georges St-Pierre with his striking. The best part is the boys will be flying me to Vegas to be part of the corner in November when GSP takes on Johny Hendricks. This is without doubt the biggest opportunity of my life. Thank you Firas & GSP!"
Source:
http://www.liverkick.com/index.php?o...d=48:muay-thai

^^^ JWP, is that story true? ^^^
For years Georges' 4 corner men were: Greg Jackson, Firash Zahabi, Kru Phil Nurse and John Danaher

Since returning from ACL surgery, beginning with the Condit fight and continuing into the Diaz fight (since Greg Jackson chose to sit out and not corner Carlos or GSP), Georges' corner consisted of Firas Zahabi, Kru Phil Nurse, John Danaher, and Kristof Midoux.

If the above statement is in fact true than Team GSP has replaced "the French Hurricane" with JWP "the Gunslinger." So, for the Hendricks fight, the four corner men will be Firas Zahabi, John Danaher, Kru Phil Nurse, and John Wayne Parr.

First I have heard of this.

I warned JWP via PM last week, don't hot dog it too much with the Muay Thai at Tristar in Montreal because this week is BJJ at the legendary Renzo Gracie's in NYC, and Georges has this thing about avenging losses...
Georges St-Pierre's twitter
Finally got @johnwayneparr back..

Quote:
Today went to the Wat and trained with Phil Nurse. Was a great day, I am becoming more Hendricks everyday (caveman beginner with left swings).
Quote:
Being a tourist. When in Rome! I feel like JayZ.

Here's one GSP posted...

Quote:
Woke up this morning about 5:30am, played on the computer a bit, then thought since I'm in New York go check out Time Square. I see all the people and ask a policeman what's going on? He said Gaga was coming. 60 Seconds later she rocked up.
Sorry for my screaming, I was excited ha ha.
Quote:
Met John Danaher last night, and watched him train GSP today. What a legend.
Quote:
Basic double leg.
Quote:
Playing in the gym today after training.
Quote:
Hey guys.
It's not youtube, but you can go to my fan page to see some video's of training.
This one is of me hitting pads so Firas can feel my technique.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10153141427985165

Next of me going through pads with Georges.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10153141404205165
Quote:
Testing my body rips.
Quote:
Working pads with Georges. It is only our first round ever together so it's slow with not much power. In 2 weeks time GSP will be a weapon.

JOHN WAYNE "THE GUNSLINGER" PARR DOCUMENTARY - BLESSED WITH VENOM

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1843956/
http://www.jwpblessedwithvenom.com/
https://www.facebook.com/jwpblessedwithvenom

John Wayne Parr 82-31-1
Titles
2013 WKA World Middleweight (-72.5 kg/159.8 lb) Oriental
Championship
2011 WKBF K-1 Middleweight World Champion
2010 WKA Thai boxing World Middleweight Championship
72.5 kg
2010 WKN Thai boxing World Super welterweight(72.6 kg)
Champion
2008 International Kickboxer Magazine Champion
2008 WMC Contender Asia Runner up
2007 WMC Thai boxing Middleweight World Champion
2005 K-1 World Max world final 8
2005 WKBA K-1 World Welterweight Champion (Defense: 1)
2004 K-1 World Max world final 8
2004 S-1 Thai boxing World Middleweight Tournament
Champion
2002 K-1 Oceania MAX finalist
2001 Australian Boxing Middleweight Champion
2001 Kings Cup Tournament Champion
2000 IMF Kings Cup Thai boxing World Middleweight
Champion
2000 ISKA Thai boxing World Middleweight Champion
1999 Winner Kings Cup
1999 WMTC (Now WMC) Australian Jr. Middleweight
Champion
1997 Winner Kings Cup
1994 WKA South Pacific Super Lightweight Champion
1992 WKA Australian Super Lightweight Champion

Last edited by Tonycpa; 08-30-2013 at 09:52 PM.
Tonycpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:09 PM   #2
mrsinister

Brown Belt

vCash: 500
He has three names like a serial killer, but has done nothing to earn them.

Old 07-16-2013, 09:12 PM   #3
Tonycpa

Silver Belt

vCash: 708
Quote:
Last night was a nightmare. Went to GSP's place last night, spent the whole night explaining the rules and which fighter was who. It was almost like watching the fights with a new girlfriend.
Quote:
After today's sparring with Georges, Firas and Ivan. Was a awesome day. I sparred Georges a few rounds, then watched him spar some other guys. He is a fast learner and getting more confident letting his shots go.
If Hendricks thinks he is going to walk through Georges, he is going to be in for a shock. Welcome to the new GSP.

Quote:
Here is one working on the long knee.
Quote:
No need for thanks. I am having the time of my life, so to share it with fans of GSP is a honour for me.
Georges has been a great host and a really good friend since I stepped off the plane a few days ago. Training is fun, but to share lunch/dinner at high end restaurants and see what a day in the life of a UFC star is like is priceless. It is job where I wish it wouldn't end.
Last night we went to a restaurant with a 2 week waiting list. But GSP is GSP, we get a table straight away and the food is award winning. Last night I try the Overeem diet for the first time, horse steak.
Quote:
All the boys after a cool morning of moving around.
Quote:
First day in Montreal. No training today, just sight seeing with GSP so I can get over my 36 hour flights and transfer. Tomorrow we start with pads and sparring.*
So excited to be here, it really is a dream come true. I hope I can help Georges with his striking even if it's by the slightest of margins. If he can knock out Hendricks then hopefully it will open some more doors for me as a trainer.
Will post some more photos soon.
How often do legendary fighters stop fights? GSP has competed in 26 professional MMA prize fights. He finished 8 of those contests via (T)KO and another 5 by submitting his opponent. So, 50% of the time he entered into combat, his opponent was finished (13 stoppages in 26 fights).
Here is a list of some of the greatest strikers in K1 history...
Jerome Le Banner, 76 wins with 61 (T)KOs, 21 losses, 2 draws, 1 no contest, win percentage .760. "Geronimo" has stopped 61% of his opponents via (T)KO (61 stoppages in 100 fights).

Peter Aerts, 105 wins with 79 (T)KOs, 31 losses, 1 draw, win percentage .767. "The Dutch Lumberjack" has stopped 58% of his opponents via (T)KO (79 stoppages in 137 fights).

Andy Souwer, 148 wins with 88 (T)KOs, 14 losses, 1 draw, win percentage .908. "The Destroyer" has stopped 54% of his opponents via (T)KO (88 stoppages in 163 fights).

Ernesto Hoost, 97 wins with 62 (T)KOs, 21 losses, 1 draw, win percentage .815. "Mr. Perfect" has stopped 52% of his opponents via (T)KO (62 stoppages in 119 fights).

Andy Hug, 38 wins with 22 (T)KOs, 9 losses, 1 draw, win percentage .792. Andy has stopped 46% of his opponents via (T)KO (22 stoppages in 48 fights).

Giorgio Petrosyan, 76 wins with 35 (T)KOs, 1 loss, 2 draws, win percentage .950. "The Doctor" has stopped 44% of his opponents via (T)KO (35 stoppages in 80 fights).

Remy Bonjasky, 77 wins with 40 (T)KOs, 17 losses, win percentage .819. "The Flying Gentleman" has stopped 43% of his opponents via (T)KO (40 stoppages in 94 fights).

Semmy Schilt, 43 wins with 20 (T)KOs, 6 losses, 1 draw, win percentage .860. "Semmy" has stopped 40% of his opponents via (T)KO (20 stoppages in 50 fights).

Kobayahi Mosato, 55 wins with 25 (T)KOs, 6 losses, 2 draws, win percentage .873. "Silver Wolf" has stopped 40% of his opponents via (T)KO (25 stoppages in 63 fights).

Buakaw Por Pramuk, 209 wins with 54 (T)KOs, 21 losses, 12 draws, win percentage .864. "Buakaw" has stopped 22% of his opponents via (T)KO (54 stoppages in 242 fights).

How often do legendary fighters get stopped? Georges St-Pierre was stopped 2 times (once by T/KO and once by submission) in 26 fights. So, he has been stopped in 7% of the fights that he has entered. Now compare that to...

Here is a list of some of the greatest strikers in K1 history...

Giorgio Petrosyan, was stopped 0 times in 80 fights. So, he was stopped in 0% of the fights that he entered.

Buakaw Por Pramuk, was stopped 1 times in 242 fights. So, he was stopped in less than 1% of the fights that he entered.

Kobayashi Mosato, was stopped 1 times in 63 fights. So, he was stopped in 2% of the fights that he entered.

Andy Souwer, was stopped 4 times in 163 fights. So, he was stopped in 3% of the fights that he entered.

Semmy Schilt, was stopped 2 times in 50 fights. So, he was stopped in 4% of the fights that he entered.

Remy Bonjasky, was stopped 5 times in 94 fights. So, he was stopped in 5% of the fights that he entered.

Ernesto Hoost, was stopped 11 times in 119 fights. So, he was stopped in 9% of the fights that he entered.

Jerome Le Banner, was stopped 13 times in 100 fights. So, he was stopped in 13% of the fights that he entered.

Andy Hug, was stopped 6 times in 48 fights. So, he was stopped in 13% of the fights that he entered.

Peter Aerts, was stopped 20 times in 137 fights. So, he was stopped in 15% of the fights that he entered.[/QUOTE]

“I’ll be helping with some game plans, some different ideas on how to counter that ripping left hand of Hendricks, and just give him some pointers on just cleaning up his style hopefully getting him more aggressive with his hands,” said Parr.

Source:
http://m.kickboxermag.com.au/news/40...ming-bout.html
Twitter
John Wayne Parr ‏@johnwayneparr 19h

JWP
"Received another email off Firas, looks like I am going to Tristar in Canada early August for 2 weeks for the sole purpose of training George St Pierre with his striking. The best part is the boys will be flying me to Vegas to be part of the corner in November when GSP takes on Johnny Hendricks.

This is without doubt the biggest opportunity of my life. Thank you Firas & GSP!"
Source:
http://www.liverkick.com/index.php?o...d=48:muay-thai

For years Georges 4 corner men were: Greg Jackson, Firash Zahabi, Kru Phil Nurse and John Danaher

Since returning from ACL surgery, beginning with the Condit fight and continuing into the Diaz fight, since Greg Jackson chose to sit out and not corner Carlos or GSP, Georges' corner consisted of Firas Zahabi, Kru Phil Nurse, John Danaher, and Kristof Middoux.

If the above statement is in fact true than Team GSP has replaced "the French Hurricane" with JWP "the Gunslinger." So, for the Hendricks fight, the four corner men will be Firas Zahabi, John Danaher, Kru Phil Nurse, and John Wayne Parr.

First I have heard of this.

Prior to UFC 94 Baby Jay asked "GSP, what legacy?" Now he knows.

Last edited by Tonycpa; 08-30-2013 at 10:15 PM.
Tonycpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:20 PM   #4
TragicMatsu

Purple Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsinister View Post
He has three names like a serial killer, but has done nothing to earn them.
Apart from being one of the most accomplished Muay Thai fighters ever.

Old 07-16-2013, 09:21 PM   #5
mrsinister

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by TragicMatsu View Post
Apart from being one of the most accomplished Muay Thai fighters ever.
That doesn't make him a killer. Don't judge.

Old 07-16-2013, 09:25 PM   #6
Metal_Daze

Black Belt

I guess you got that answer now Tony. This will spark fireworks!

Old 07-16-2013, 09:31 PM   #7
Go6 CaNN

White Belt

I don't think GSP should be more aggressive on the feet verses Hendricks or shouldn't be until Hendricks gases.

Seems like a great way of giving Johnny a much better chance of winning.

Go6 CaNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:36 PM   #8
wangnose

Orange Belt

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go6 CaNN View Post
I don't think GSP should be more aggressive on the feet verses Hendricks or shouldn't be until Hendricks gases.

so anytime after the first round....

wangnose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:38 PM   #9
matrat103
Right. The plays. The one who makes the plays...

vCash: 450
On a related note, Rory Macdonald has confirmed that he's been using John Wayne Gacy as inspiration for his upcoming fight.

"I'm just saying I know I've got a bunch of angry short friends, which means that you do too."

Av by Pr0digy.
matrat103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:40 PM   #10
longafan

Orange Belt

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go6 CaNN View Post

Yeah hope GSP doesn't try to go balls out on the feet and get nailed. GSP is too smart for that though...wonder if there aren't just a couple specific areas GSP has in mind that he'll be seeking JWPs training in...

longafan is offline   Reply With Quote