Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 06-25-2012, 04:04 PM   #21
Ottawaguy

vCash: 50
This is going to be like GSP-BJ 2. BJ did all the trash talking, and GSP went in there and put such a bad beating that he stole BJ's will to fight. I can see Anderson making Sonnen look like an amateur and beat the crap out of him.

Ottawaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 04:08 PM   #22
StrikersRevenge**
Banned

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HadtoReg View Post
Nog's mom lived in USA.
whereas lil nog's mum didn't?

StrikersRevenge** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 04:08 PM   #23
SandaMMA

Orange Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by HadtoReg View Post
yeh, moron, that's what I said. The speech you're talking about lasted almost one minute with anderson talking really fast, yelling and all that shit. Then Soares started his translation with "He basically said..."

and indeed he basically said that.

Soares is not a douche, he simply isn't fluent in portuguese. Idiots think he's Brazilian but he's not. His parents are brazilian but he's a born and raised American that speaks broken portuguese.

p.s. when UFC hired someone to make translations at a press conference it was even worse. The guy couldn't follow anything the fighters would say, he couldn't understand the mma's jargons, etc. So after 2 minutes or so Dana got infuriated and asked Shogun's former manager to translate.

So yeh, it's hard to do live translation.
LOL you're fucking retarded.

he is fluent in portuguese. his portuguese is not broken. if you have any way to validate that, you can understand this:

vah tomar no centro do seu cu, seu boketero de merda que nao tem ideia do q ta falando!!!!

EDIT and that was an example you (edit) NICE GENTLEMAN FROM AN OUTSTANDING FAMILY. he also called chael an imbecile and a bum,both untranslated.

Last edited by SandaMMA; 06-25-2012 at 04:16 PM. Reason: just found out this guy is a scholar and a gentleman! OMGzzz!!!
SandaMMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 04:13 PM   #24
NoGINoDice

Purple Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandaMMA View Post

he is fluent in portuguese. his portuguese is not broken. if you have any way to validate that, you can understand this:

vah tomar no centro do seu cu, seu boketero de merda que nao tem ideia do q ta falando!!!!

EDIT and that was an example you dong slurper. he also called chael an imbecile and a bum,both untranslated.
Wow. I'm sure Degrassi high will suspend you after this.

Old 06-25-2012, 04:13 PM   #25
Coria

White Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandaMMA View Post

Boaaaaaa, Caraiuuuuuuuuuu!!!!

Coria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 04:15 PM   #26
SandaMMA

Orange Belt

^^^

so moron is ok and that is a violation?? alright, guess ill edit it out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coria View Post
Boaaaaaa, Caraiuuuuuuuuuu!!!!
filha da puta quer me ensinar sobre quem fala e quem nao fala portugues, eh mole?

SandaMMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 04:28 PM   #27
tm8747a

Blue Belt

Translation was fine IMO. He didn't do an exact translation, obviously, but the essence was there. I think what's missing from the translation is the way the words were delivered, so it sounds kind of weird to hear Soares translate in a monotonous voice what Anderson said with an impassioned tone. So yeah, he left things out (Anderson said Chael was an imbecil, for example), but in the end the gist of it was there, namely he's a criminal who's had trouble with the law, he doesn't deserve to be in the octagon, and I'm gonna break his face. And he even translated more than that, so I think he got the point across quite well.

tm8747a is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 04:29 PM   #28
CageSage

Red Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikersRevenge View Post
whereas lil nog's mum didn't?
I was confused how twin brothers seemingly had different moms.

CageSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 04:34 PM   #29
VitorMLS1992

White Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Trollo View Post
It seems like Anderson was saying a whole lot more that maybe Soares was purposely leaving out or just forgetting? Also someone already posted that some of the stuff Soares was saying was actually incorrect, so could someone on here please translate some of the stuff better for us?
Im gonna try to translate:
"This guy is a marginal, he is bad for this sport. He doesnt deserve to be in the UFC. He had problems with the american law, and problems with doping, he doesnt respect anything. He is an asshole. July 7th Im gonna put an end to his face and every one of his teeth"
"Who lives on the past are museums. Im gona hit him and thats what Im gonna do. There isnt that much to do. Im gonna hit him a lot. The playtime is over and the talking is over. Now is near the time of truth. Im 100% and Im gonna break his face. Im gonna kick him out of the UFC. Hes gonna be beaten like never before. Im gonna beat so he can be educated of everything his dad and mom didnt teach him, so he learns to respect other people and their parents"
"From the top, bottle, sideways or standing... Hes gonna receive a beating, hes gonna get hit a lot. Theres no talking this time. When he goes inside the octagon is going to swallow every teeth from his mouth. Im gonna rip off tooth by tooth. After I beat him a lot of people is going to scared of what is gonna happen with this sport. Im dedicated, prepared to do something no one ever did on UFC before, Im gonna break Sonnen completely. Break his leg, break his face, break his arm, break completely. He is hearing right now, hes gonna receive a beating, someone is going to have to help him to get out of the octagon, because of the damage hes goint receive"

VitorMLS1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 04:40 PM   #30
tm8747a

Blue Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitorMLS1992 View Post
Im gonna try to translate:
"This guy is a marginal, he is bad for this sport. He doesnt deserve to be in the UFC. He had problems with the american law, and problems with doping, he doesnt respect anything. He is an asshole. July 7th Im gonna put an end to his face and every one of his teeth"
"Who lives on the past are museums. Im gona hit him and thats what Im gonna do. There isnt that much to do. Im gonna hit him a lot. The playtime is over and the talking is over. Now is near the time of truth. Im 100% and Im gonna break his face. Im gonna kick him out of the UFC. Hes gonna be beaten like never before. Im gonna beat so he can be educated of everything his dad and mom didnt teach him, so he learns to respect other people and their parents"
"From the top, bottle, sideways or standing... Hes gonna receive a beating, hes gonna get hit a lot. Theres no talking this time. When he goes inside the octagon is going to swallow every teeth from his mouth. Im gonna rip off tooth by tooth. After I beat him a lot of people is going to scared of what is gonna happen with this sport. Im dedicated, prepared to do something no one ever did on UFC before, Im gonna break Sonnen completely. Break his leg, break his face, break his arm, break completely. He is hearing right now, hes gonna receive a beating, someone is going to have to help him to get out of the octagon, because of the damage hes goint receive"
Good job. For anybody who doesn't speak portuguese, just think the above with "I'm gonna whoop his ass" repeated many times in the middle of it all, along with "play time is over".

tm8747a is online now   Reply With Quote