Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 07-29-2007, 02:39 PM   #1
shervman

Brown Belt

vCash: 500
Bas & Quadros Quotes from Royler Gracie vs. Yuhi Sano fight

This is an old fight and the opening bout from PRIDE 2, and I strongly encourage anyone who hasn't seen it to see the fight as it is probably the funniest in terms of commentary; not necessarily because of the fight which starts painfully slow but then after about 20 minutes rapidly turns into a super exciting bout.

The fight basically consists of two parts, A) the first part, no strikes are thrown and is basically laynpray with Sano holding Royler. B) when Royler puts a painful beating on Sano that he couldn't even dream of.

Here are some of the quotes:

Royler taps on Yuhi's face (ever so gently) and Bas is like "Oh my God! Do those count as strike!?" Quadros: "they do!"

Sano slaps on Royler's back (to stike but terrible and ever so gently) Quadros: "Wow! Good thing the referee didn't see those he might have thought he tapped out!"

Royler hits alittle quicker on Yuhi's face, and Bas is like "Oh! Combination! What was it to the eyebraw!"

Royler put on a beating on Sano, but Sano's just sitting there, not throwing any strikes, Bas: "Oh Yeah, let's try sitting there!" Yohi's bleeding like a stuck pig

Bas: "I think Sano's strategy is, 'Don't punch him, don't go for submission, stay out of trouble"

Quadros: "His game plan might be get a job for Everlast as a heavy bag"

[Yuhi puts his head in between Royler's legs, with his mouth against Royler's crutch], Quadros: "What position is this Bas?" Bas: "This is the head between the thigh position, a position you normally use in an uh..another act. This is the black widow technique!"

EDIT (added one more):
Quadros: "Even if Sano has never hit a focus mit . or a punching bag he's probably seen people hit!"

[Sano gets upkicked in the head as he stands from the guard, thinks for a second, sits down and eats another one, then thinks for another second then stands up for more] Bas: "I don't understand what he did there, oh maybe I should stand up now"

Last edited by shervman; 07-29-2007 at 02:55 PM.
shervman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 02:48 PM   #2
RDUBYA

Purple Belt

vCash: 500
They never failed to crack me up at some stage of an event...

Great example

RDUBYA is offline   Reply With Quote