Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 11-07-2013, 06:45 PM   #1
DaleyChamp

Purple Belt

vCash: 761
Another Great Night For WMMA

You guys got to be loving the action that the women are bringing each and evry time they step into the octagon. Another two great fights last night, one being a finish and one being an all out war.

Amanda Nunes is literally more skilled than most men in the UFC. Amazing ground and pound with two first round tko's in the UFC. She has great striking also and the girl she was fighting is literally one of the best strikers in mma male or female so that was a statement win. Amazing technique on the ground from Nunes. A lot of male fighters could learn from the way she was able to pass guard, posture up and pound her opponent out who was also a very well rounded fighter.

Then Carmouche vs Davis was fucking sick. Should of got FON. Those ladies went to war. Great chins and great technical striking. Both had great leg kicks and Alexis Davis actually looked like a boxer out there when she would put her combinations together. I wish it was the main event as another two rounds would of been awesome. The women are really technical and fun to watch in the ufc.

Your thoughts on last night's wmma action. Do you think they stole the show once again??

DaleyChamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 06:48 PM   #2
PAPERCLIP30

Black Belt

vCash: 6699
Nunes was throwing those elbows in a weird way and was wasting a lot of energy just hitting the other women's arms. She literally is not as skilled as other men, she just looked good against someone who doesn't know what they're doing.

Stopped reading after that. Not trying to hate on wmma or anything, because they are fun to watch, but you can't pretend they're extremely talented

PAPERCLIP30 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 06:50 PM   #3
BrazilianDude

Silver Belt

vCash: 6127
I enjoyed both fights.

Old 11-07-2013, 06:51 PM   #4
DaleyChamp

Purple Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAPERCLIP30 View Post
Nunes was throwing those elbows in a weird way and was wasting a lot of energy just hitting the other women's arms. She literally is not as skilled as other men, she just looked good against someone who doesn't know what they're doing.

Stopped reading after that. Not trying to hate on wmma or anything, because they are fun to watch, but you can't pretend they're extremely talented
As other men???

Old 11-07-2013, 06:52 PM   #5
DaleyChamp

Purple Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrazilianDude View Post
I enjoyed both fights.
How could you not lol

Old 11-07-2013, 06:55 PM   #6
PAPERCLIP30

Black Belt

vCash: 6699
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleyChamp View Post
As other men???
Lol my bad. I'm sure you knew what I meant.

PAPERCLIP30 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 06:57 PM   #7
DaleyChamp

Purple Belt

Lets all literally give it up for wmma.

Old 11-07-2013, 06:59 PM   #8
MayhemMonkey919

vCash: 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleyChamp View Post
You guys got to be loving the action that the women are bringing each and evry time they step into the octagon. Another two great fights last night, one being a finish and one being an all out war.

Amanda Nunes is literally more skilled than most men in the UFC. Amazing ground and pound with two first round tko's in the UFC. She has great striking also and the girl she was fighting is literally one of the best strikers in mma male or female so that was a statement win. Amazing technique on the ground from Nunes. A lot of male fighters could learn from the way she was able to pass guard, posture up and pound her opponent out who was also a very well rounded fighter.

Then Carmouche vs Davis was fucking sick. Should of got FON. Those ladies went to war. Great chins and great technical striking. Both had great leg kicks and Alexis Davis actually looked like a boxer out there when she would put her combinations together. I wish it was the main event as another two rounds would of been awesome. The women are really technical and fun to watch in the ufc.

Your thoughts on last night's wmma action. Do you think they stole the show once again??
disagree with this, dont think she is that good. she is a grappler who has 2 first round wins over 2 strikers. it was to be expected imo(although I was rooting for GDR last night )

philippians 4:13 - Thou shalt drive drunk at the radium in the company of several women, none of which shall be your baby mama!

RIP Uncle Phil
MayhemMonkey919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 06:59 PM   #9
odog

Brown Belt

vCash: 500
Meh, I can't get into it.

Old 11-07-2013, 07:00 PM   #10
COBRA03

Brown Belt

vCash: 500
I admit I was totally against women fighting, but after seeing Carano and Cyborg and the always action packed UFC womens fights of the last 2 years, I love watching them now! I was REALLY looking forward to Ronda and Cat fighting.

COBRA03 is offline   Reply With Quote