Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Sherdog.com > Support

Support Comment? Complaint? Suggestion? Questions about the products our site offers

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2014, 02:06 PM   #11
Lethal
Senior Moderator

vCash: 37665
Quote:
Originally Posted by shunyata View Post
Please express to the site owners that we are extremely disappointed in their choice to censor free speech in order to protect Lloyd Irvin rape raping rapist.

We can only assume that if the owners are not actively involved in helping Lloyd Irvin rape people, that this action was taken as a result of the empty and unenforceable legal threat he has emailed to other sites in an effort to prevent people from discussing true events that could lead to him having a bad reputation as a direct result of his real life actions.
No can do man, sorry. Freedom of speech doesn't apply to Sherdog, since it's a Private site. They've asked us to remove all posts and threads, so it has to be done.

Yes, there have been threats of legal action.

Previous username = Lethal Strike. The most unheard of Mod on Sherdog.

█ vBookie NFL Pick'em Champion █
Old 02-12-2014, 02:09 PM   #12
NateTx4112

Purple Belt

vCash: 500
This site caved quicker than cheap folding chair at a fat man convention.

Old 02-12-2014, 02:10 PM   #13
SuperAzn812

Blue Belt

Nvm, I saw that LI threatened sherdog.

Old 02-12-2014, 02:12 PM   #14
metallifan3091

Green Belt

I must say that I'm unhappy about this too. Like it or not, the LI incident in '89, the NYE scandal with Nick and Matt, and the DJ Jackson sexual assault case are all inexorably linked to the jiu-jitsu community.

I think it's important that people have access to information on these things, and the discussion threads that were deleted had lots of details in them that people need to see so that we can do our best as a community to prevent these things from continuing to happen.

I normally try to stay out of this stuff because I'm not personally affiliated with the people involved and I don't feel that I have anything to add regarding my feelings (outrage, disappointment, frustration, disgust) that hasn't already been said by someone else and in a more eloquent fashion. Talking about these things is important, in virtual communities like this one and in real-life public forums. It is our duty as rational, moral agents to do our best to protect our peers and children from sexual abuse and abuse of any other kind.

Just wanted to offer my two cents.

Old 02-12-2014, 02:16 PM   #15
esum80

Purple Belt

vCash: 1536
it is what it is. most of us know the truth; the newer members will eventually find out either through word of mouth or through a bit of internet research.

"i trainy, i eaty, and i sleepy." - shogun.
Old 02-12-2014, 02:16 PM   #16
shunyata

Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethal View Post
Yes, he is threatening legal action.
Yeah I assumed. We actually had some extended discussions in those deleted threads of his legal threats to other sites and several practicing lawyers actually commented that he had no case to pursue and that attempting to litigate these cases would be extremely expensive for him and he'd still likely lose in court.

The threats are empty, a feint. And sherdog has caved to them.

#LloydIrvinrape

What would Sakuraba do?
Old 02-12-2014, 02:21 PM   #17
NateTx4112

Purple Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by esum80 View Post
it is what it is. most of us know the truth; the newer members will eventually find out either through word of mouth or through a bit of internet research.
if all the "info" gets deleted they won't.

Or pushed out of the first page of results they won't.

That's what Lloyd is trying to do thru bullying tactics and threats. Get as much removed as possible (so you can't find it) and then push the other results to page 3+ and no one will dig deep enough.

Old 02-12-2014, 02:22 PM   #18
Balto

Silver Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunyata View Post
Yeah I assumed. We actually had some extended discussions in those deleted threads of his legal threats to other sites and several practicing lawyers actually commented that he had no case to pursue and that attempting to litigate these cases would be extremely expensive for him and he'd still likely lose in court.

The threats are empty, a feint. And sherdog has caved to them.

#LloydIrvinrape
If Lloyd had the extra money on hand to pursue expensive, frivolous litigation, the IRS would levy it to satisfy his outstanding liens.

Old 02-12-2014, 02:22 PM   #19
Joe
:l

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateTx4112 View Post
This site caved quicker than cheap folding chair at a fat man convention.
CaveOnline Media*

You can run but you can't glide!
Old 02-12-2014, 02:34 PM   #20
shunyata

Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balto View Post
If Lloyd had the extra money on hand to pursue expensive, frivolous litigation, the IRS would levy it to satisfy his outstanding liens.
Exactly. He doesn't have the money to pursue these suits. The owners of Sherdog are in no legal danger. They balked at an empty threat.

What would Sakuraba do?
Closed Thread