Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Sherdog.com > Support

Support Comment? Complaint? Suggestion? Questions about the products our site offers

Old 03-25-2012, 01:50 PM   #1
Levi_

Red Belt

vCash: 500
can't see videos on Sherdog

I was wondering if some computer savvy people can help me with this. I am quite rudimentary when it comes to computer knowledge.

On most sites (You Tube for example), I can see and play videos. But on the Sherdog forums, when someone posts a video, all I see is a square with a small figure near the upper left hand corner of the box where the video should be.

Is there a particular viewer or plug you need for this? I am using Window's 7 and IE 9, so I don't have an outdated computer or browser.

Levi_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 04:02 PM   #2
Nostromo
hardly impartial

Could be a setting in the Security section.

Go to Tools at top of page, then scroll down to Internet Options, click Security heading and go to Custom Level. In there, scroll down til you come to the section for Active Script. Make sure your setting for running script is Enabled.

Also make sure you're running a current version of Flashplayer.

You may also want to try using Firefox and see if you're still having the issue.

Nostromo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 06:24 PM   #3
Benoco

Red Belt

Firefox, whether you fix IE or not.

Old 03-26-2012, 10:40 PM   #4
Levi_

Red Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostromo View Post
Could be a setting in the Security section.

Go to Tools at top of page, then scroll down to Internet Options, click Security heading and go to Custom Level. In there, scroll down til you come to the section for Active Script. Make sure your setting for running script is Enabled.

Also make sure you're running a current version of Flashplayer.

You may also want to try using Firefox and see if you're still having the issue.

As far as I can see, the setting for running script is enabled, but then there are a lot of different boxes when you open that "custom level," so I am not sure if one of the ones that is disbled is causing me problems.

I may just try to do Firefox. Funny thing is, videos on the Sherdog main page work, it is just in the forum that they don't show up.

BTW- nice tits.

Levi_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:14 AM   #5
Nostromo
hardly impartial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi_ View Post
As far as I can see, the setting for running script is enabled, but then there are a lot of different boxes when you open that "custom level," so I am not sure if one of the ones that is disbled is causing me problems.

I may just try to do Firefox. Funny thing is, videos on the Sherdog main page work, it is just in the forum that they don't show up.

BTW- nice tits.
On a final note, IE9 beta version appears to have some issues with embedded vids on forums and emails. Make sure you're running a new version of Adobe Flashplayer as that may be an issue as well.

Your best bet is probably to use Firefox at this point.

Nostromo is offline   Reply With Quote