Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Training Discussion > Gear & Equipment Discussion

Gear & Equipment Discussion Did I mention that the gear you use is cheap and flimsy?

Old 05-27-2009, 04:18 AM   #1
snowbro

Blue Belt

vCash: 500
Mouthguard for Missing Teeth

Ive been in a few and am missing a buncha front teeth, how does a custom mouthguard work for someone like me? i know a few fighters like hendo are missing a bucha their front teeth... do all or most mouthguard makers have a method for people who need extra support in my situation.? thanks

Old 05-27-2009, 06:54 AM   #2
J Mouthguards

White Belt

Missing teeth

Missing teeth are not a problem for a custom mouthguard. Depending on what teeth you are missing, it actually helps locks in the mouthguard even more. You would need an impression done just like any custom mouthguard. If you are missing an extensive amount of teeth, I would suggest you get the impression done by a dentist and have them send it to the company of your choice.

Any other question you can email me at Sales@Jawzz.com and any questions I can not answer I will have answered by Dr. Adam Perskey (FightDentist)

Thanks
Matt
www.Jawzz.com

J Mouthguards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 12:58 PM   #3
ROwens1182

vCash:
Good question. I lost 5 of my lower front teeth in a car accident so luckily they didn't affect getting my custom guard made. But I want to make sure I don't lose anymore than what I already have. I'd let the dentist take the mold and maybe get his advice on a mouth guard.

Old 05-27-2009, 01:26 PM   #4
Zambonipilot

White Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROwens1182 View Post
Good question. I lost 5 of my lower front teeth in a car accident so luckily they didn't affect getting my custom guard made. But I want to make sure I don't lose anymore than what I already have. I'd let the dentist take the mold and maybe get his advice on a mouth guard.
unfortunatly most dentist are poorly informed about mouthguards. Many make vacuum formed mouth guards, which are vastly inferior to the guards being offered by direct to the consumer companies like Gladiator, Stars, and others who post here. You generally get a better mouthguard from one of these companies at a fraction of the cost of the dentist.

Zambonipilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 05:14 PM   #5
snowbro

Blue Belt

thanks very much for your replies! yea i was planning to get the dentist to take the impression (as high up the gums as possible) but i did not know i could ask him to send it away for me! BONUS! im going to take a look at your site dude thanks...

Old 06-01-2009, 06:01 PM   #6
Boston

White Belt

If you get fake teeth, you can be like that guy on TUF who's teeth got stuck on his mouthguard. =]

Boston is offline   Reply With Quote