Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Training Discussion > Gear & Equipment Discussion

Gear & Equipment Discussion Did I mention that the gear you use is cheap and flimsy?

Old 12-10-2009, 06:29 PM   #1
tinoheat728

White Belt

vCash: 500
Hayabusa FightGear?

Does anyone know if hayabusa sparring gloves or fight equipment is worth the money? anyone ever use it? ive been looking for some gloves for a long time. any commmens are appreciated thanks

tinoheat728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 06:52 PM   #2
tiger.shark
To the sharks!

Their sparring gloves are a bit too hard for sparring, but would be OK for some pad and bag work. The wrist support is excellent.

In my opinion Hayabusa's rashguards are second only to Manto. They also make some of the best shorts out.

Their MMA gloves are the best out there along with Fairtex.

For MMA shin guards you can't really beat Hayabusa, but they won't protect you with hard kicking involved. The headgear is pretty nice and the bag gloves are decent.

tiger.shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 07:02 PM   #3
Amanda L

Orange Belt

I have the Hayabusa shinguards and they are excellent. They fit really well and they'll hardly move at all during grappling or stand up. The padding is really nice for bag kicks but I have yet to spar with them since I just got them Monday.

Tons of guys at the gym have Hayabusa gear and swear by it.

Old 12-10-2009, 07:24 PM   #4
Padilla**
Banned

I use strictly HB. It's definitely worth it. Specially shinguards. Top of the line.

First time my GF saw the logo, she thought it said Hannah Montana. Seriously I think my GF is dyslexic.

Padilla** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 07:57 PM   #5
zack

Orange Belt

shin guards were too light on the padding for my taste. (gave them away)
sparring gloves were a bit too "rough" as well. (sold them)

shorts are cool. (own)
rashy is nice. (own)

that's all the gear i have or had.

Old 12-21-2009, 03:00 PM   #6
Renegade MMA

White Belt

Hayabusa are considered the best. They also have some shortcomings, which were pointed out by fellow posters.

The biggest problem with any grappling style shin guards is- They are an absolute sono***un to GET OFF!

But- they have really nice gear, that I sell at my site (they asked...)

Best of luck!

Renegade MMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 03:03 PM   #7
Arkitekt

Green Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade MMA View Post
Hayabusa are considered the best. They also have some shortcomings, which were pointed out by fellow posters.

The biggest problem with any grappling style shin guards is- They are an absolute sono***un to GET OFF!

But- they have really nice gear, that I sell at my site (they asked...)

Best of luck!
All you need to do is twist them off. Then they're removed easily. I learned this from someone else on the forums here and its worked like a charm.

I have the Grappling Shinguards, Hybrid MMA Gloves and the Haburi Rashguard and they're all fantastic products. I'm almost done writing up my reviews taking pics of them all along with several other products i've purchased in the last couple of months. They should be up in the next few days if you still need some convincing.

I support: DATSUSARA, CAGESIDE, FighterWarehouse, WorldFightShop, SiriusGis (RIP)
Arkitekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 03:18 PM   #8
Renegade MMA

White Belt

Yes, I have tried the twist method. It does help a lot, but it is still a bit of a battle, especially when you get a good sweat going.

But you are right, it does help.

Renegade MMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 04:07 PM   #9
klaiman

White Belt

i have the shinguards and the shorts

Shinguards are awesome and never move (will definitely try this twisting idea next time)

the shorts on the other hand....i don't really like the material that much but the waistband is kick ass. for shorts i prefer my sprawl s-fusion they have the material of the v-flexes (also own) and waist band of the hayabusas

klaiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 06:16 PM   #10
BushidoWarfare

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by klaiman View Post
i have the shinguards and the shorts

Shinguards are awesome and never move (will definitely try this twisting idea next time)

the shorts on the other hand....i don't really like the material that much but the waistband is kick ass. for shorts i prefer my sprawl s-fusion they have the material of the v-flexes (also own) and waist band of the hayabusas
I have the shinguards, bag gloves, and shorts. Shinguards are great and very similar to the CSI grappling guards I also own.

I like the bag gloves, which I got very recently. I have decent sized hands (I wear a large in most brands, occasionally going with an XL), and they are more compact than I was expecting. They're a bit tougher to get on and off than traditional hook n' loop gloves, but they provide superior wrist protection. If I had slightly longer fingers they wouldn't fit me. As it is they are just snug.

The shorts feel very different from most other brands, but I like them a lot. I have lots of shorts and they are one my favorite pairs, second only to my Familia Gladiatoria shorts. The new grey Shiai shorts Hayabusa recently put out look awesome and I'm sure I'll be picking up a pair soon.

Last edited by BushidoWarfare; 12-21-2009 at 06:30 PM.