Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Training Discussion > Gear & Equipment Discussion

Gear & Equipment Discussion Did I mention that the gear you use is cheap and flimsy?

Old 03-03-2012, 10:03 AM   #1
fightstuff

Green Belt

vCash: 500
A Guide to Equipment and Apparel

Hi Guys,

If I wrote a proper guide to help you guys out on equipment and apparel would you find it useful?

Thanks,

John

Old 03-03-2012, 10:06 AM   #2
Keej613

vCash:
Would the guide be based on verifiable facts or would it simply be a collection of subjective opinions?

And how different would it be from the G+E FAQ?

Old 03-03-2012, 10:11 AM   #3
fightstuff

Green Belt

it would cover all the thai brands from an unbias view. the thing what i always come across on the forum is pretty much the same questions. we need a sticky that gives a proper insight into the equipment and apparel. im willing to spend my time to sit down and write something for you guys.

Old 03-03-2012, 10:34 AM   #4
ClampXVII
Bravado Muay Thai Trainer

Let's see it as long as it's unbiased.

ClampXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 10:40 AM   #5
fightstuff

Green Belt

well as long as I get support from you guys I will share my knowledge

Old 03-03-2012, 12:57 PM   #6
fightstuff

Green Belt

Frozzy if you read this please PM me

Old 03-03-2012, 01:16 PM   #7
fightstuff

Green Belt

This post is no ways a post to be an ultimate claim to an ultimate guide., but its my insight into equipment that may or may not help you to make a decision about the equipment you may purchase. I will do my upmost to be objective about the brands I mention.

Fairtex.
Fairtex have a pedigree for quality. This is compounded by them only earning some money a few years ago from their Fairtex product. I've been an adovacte of Fairtex for many years and having trained personally at their camps in Thailand I can personally say that the quality they have in their brand has not changed in the service in their camps, whilst a bit commercial its still quality.

I’ve personally used the BGV1. Perhaps it is op-tune moment to tell you a little about me. I started training pretty young. I initially started in Ju-Jitsu then moved to Muay Thai when I was 14 years, I took control of purchasing for Master Sken when I was around 22 years and whilst I learnt a little bit about quality of products this did not come full circle until I came to Thailand and learnt properly about how stuff is made.

If you want to know more +1 to this post.

Old 03-04-2012, 11:25 AM   #8
ChittyChitty

Orange Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by fightstuff View Post
This post is no ways a post to be an ultimate claim to an ultimate guide., but its my insight into equipment that may or may not help you to make a decision about the equipment you may purchase. I will do my upmost to be objective about the brands I mention.

Fairtex.
Fairtex have a pedigree for quality. This is compounded by them only earning some money a few years ago from their Fairtex product. I've been an adovacte of Fairtex for many years and having trained personally at their camps in Thailand I can personally say that the quality they have in their brand has not changed in the service in their camps, whilst a bit commercial its still quality.

Iíve personally used the BGV1. Perhaps it is op-tune moment to tell you a little about me. I started training pretty young. I initially started in Ju-Jitsu then moved to Muay Thai when I was 14 years, I took control of purchasing for Master Sken when I was around 22 years and whilst I learnt a little bit about quality of products this did not come full circle until I came to Thailand and learnt properly about how stuff is made.

If you want to know more +1 to this post.
I'd like to hear more about Top King and their new gloves

ChittyChitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 12:16 PM   #9
mikiemike87

Blue Belt

I always found your opinion on Thai products informative and unbiased in the past. Looking forward to it! Many people don't have the money to try out all the thai brands and see which ones they like, so your guide should help new customers make better purchases.

mikiemike87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 05:39 PM   #10
madizm2

Brown Belt

vCash: 41777
Quote:
Originally Posted by fightstuff View Post
Frozzy if you read this please PM me
He's no longer modding, or at least temporarily. How often do you think you need to update your guide? Yearly? Or whenever a new brand emerges?

The Jimmy Swaggart of the SB
madizm2 is offline   Reply With Quote