Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Training Discussion > Gear & Equipment Discussion

Gear & Equipment Discussion Did I mention that the gear you use is cheap and flimsy?

Old 07-26-2006, 10:24 PM   #1
wdklude

White Belt

vCash: 500
Icon14 Forty Thieves clothing Rocks!

I purchased a pair of Forty Thieves Shorts back in December at a Total Combat event in Yuma. At first glance they seemed like any other shorts. Although when I took a closer look, that was definitly not the case. The new concepts in which these shorts had is what intrigued me such as the neoprene waistband and crotch area, the velcro waist strap, the lightweight material, and the low profile logo (Im not a fan of the "look-at-me im a Full Contact Fighter!" type logos). The owner also hooked me up on great deal as well. I have since then tried them out a good 15 times on the mat. They're awesome!!! Not only are they durable but the velcro (which i was kind of skeptical about) stood up to its function. The neoprene was an awesome concept how they just bind to you as well as the movement in the shorts were free flowing. They dried up really quickly, which is also great. I not only use these just on the mat, but when I surf too. If any of you guys surf without wetsuits, these are great. I recommend them to anyone, they're the best bang for the buck. Ive since then bought a couple shirts form their website, and what can I say, im a fan of their products and their service ( would you believe if I said got my shirts in 2 days?). Id like to see what they'll come up with next.

wdklude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 10:33 PM   #2
TimPlu

Blue Belt

cool man. any pics of the shorts?

Submission Grappling : 1-1
MMA : 1-0
TimPlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 11:24 PM   #3
UltimaMMA

Orange Belt

First post and it sounds like an ad for 40 Thieves. Did you just sign up on Sherdog just to post that?

UltimaMMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 01:02 AM   #4
likkuid

Brown Belt

Somebody ban this guy. Please.

likkuid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 09:39 AM   #5
Tone C

Red Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by likkuid
Somebody ban this guy. Please.
Rather harsh that.He hasnt put up a direct link to anything he is selling and it seems like an informative post to me.Of course if he is associated with the company that is a different matter,but maybe he is just givng due respect.A bit better than reading "Fighter X would beat Fighter Y because he is a Romosexual and too old and his head is too small" or some similar shit.

Anyway Likkuid which martial art are you training in this week?

www.kofightgear.com www.ossclothing.com
www.sprawl.tv www.cagesidemma.com
www.nogi.com www.americanstandup.com

Don't mention Rskbreakers Shooto gloves.
Tone C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 11:01 AM   #6
l3lizz4rd

vCash:
This thread is funny. He could've at least tried a little bit more to make it sound legit.

Old 07-27-2006, 12:06 PM   #7
Tone C

Red Belt

Looking at the other posts that were written by Fortythieves,they read differently to this one.However , the way this one goes on about all the technical goodies in these shorts makes me wonder if he has'nt got some association with the company(beyond a very satisfied purchaser)That said(typed?) He coulda got the blurb off their site/any bumf they sent out/gave him with the shorts but he doesnt read like the guy who owns Fortythieves and posts under that screen name though......

I suppose if its his first post he coulda got all this stuff and put it up to validate his claim somewhat....Maybe a tad over anxious to please you demanding G&E regulars.....

Old 07-27-2006, 12:16 PM   #8
Tone C

Red Belt

Anyway I think there is something Foz/Mods can do to check and see if it is the same guy or not?Checking the IP server or something like that 'cos there was something going on with someone trolling in the other forums,getting banned and people kept thinking he was coming back so they chased down the IP address or something technical like that(scratchs head ,confused) to see if it was the same guy or not.Let us know if you can ,Foz ,and if this guy is trying to big up himself I'm sure you'll sort it.

Old 07-27-2006, 12:43 PM   #9
likkuid

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tone C
Anyway Likkuid which martial art are you training in this week?
Well, I trained in Kyokushin last week - the dojo sucked =D So today I'm training in Judo and tomorrow in Goju-Ryu Karate!

likkuid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 12:52 PM   #10
Freestyler

Purple Belt

I also will agree. The waistband and crotch is an excellent design along with the low-pro logo...I also got my shit in 2 days.

Freestyler is offline   Reply With Quote