Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Training Discussion > Gear & Equipment Discussion

Gear & Equipment Discussion Did I mention that the gear you use is cheap and flimsy?

Old 09-20-2009, 11:19 AM   #1
MMAATHLETE

Brown Belt

vCash: 500
Icon3 Best JUDO gi???????????????????????

Remember it has to be a judo gi not a jitz gi. Provide links it possible please

thanks

flawless victory no person can do shit to me physically lyrically hypothetically realistically
-pun
MMAATHLETE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 12:42 PM   #2
lcctjudoka

White Belt

kodokan gear judo accessories home Vin, the guy who runs the company knows his stuff about gi's and will help you with fitting. He carries Mizuno, Fuji, Dax, and Isami (bjj gi).

toraki.com I've seen a couple of their lower end gi's and they're nice, but the "personal gold" is interesting because it's almost a custom size.

Fushida World Martial Arts Supplies - Vancouver BC Canada - Judo Uniforms - Judogi - Jiu-jitsu Uniforms - Accessories for Martial Arts People have been raving about these gi's and for good reason. One of my teammates has the "Tournament" heavy single and it's a fantastically made gi. I'm thinking about picking up one of their higher level gi's myself.

Thebudostore | Official Distributor of Tokaido & Dax Martial Arts in the U.S. They sell Dax and Adidas (which sponsors many national teams, including the US). I've seen one of the Adidas higer end models a couple years ago and it was very nice, but a little long in the skirt and short in the arms.

Judo Unlimited I just bought this one recently and I love it. I don't know if it conforms to the current IJF regulations, but it's a great gi for an unbeatable price (under $90 shipped!).

Those are the ones that I can remember right now. If you want to find other retailers just check out Judogi (judo uniform) sources online Hope that helps.

lcctjudoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 09:48 PM   #3
boboplata***
Banned

mizuno eurocomp or dax moskito(discontinued??) if you're thinking of crosstraining.

boboplata*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 09:14 AM   #4
MMAATHLETE

Brown Belt

Thanks for the details bro. What about koral? I'm not sure if they make a judo gi but if so what do yal think about them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcctjudoka View Post
kodokan gear judo accessories home Vin, the guy who runs the company knows his stuff about gi's and will help you with fitting. He carries Mizuno, Fuji, Dax, and Isami (bjj gi).

toraki.com I've seen a couple of their lower end gi's and they're nice, but the "personal gold" is interesting because it's almost a custom size.

Fushida World Martial Arts Supplies - Vancouver BC Canada - Judo Uniforms - Judogi - Jiu-jitsu Uniforms - Accessories for Martial Arts People have been raving about these gi's and for good reason. One of my teammates has the "Tournament" heavy single and it's a fantastically made gi. I'm thinking about picking up one of their higher level gi's myself.

Thebudostore | Official Distributor of Tokaido & Dax Martial Arts in the U.S. They sell Dax and Adidas (which sponsors many national teams, including the US). I've seen one of the Adidas higer end models a couple years ago and it was very nice, but a little long in the skirt and short in the arms.

Judo Unlimited I just bought this one recently and I love it. I don't know if it conforms to the current IJF regulations, but it's a great gi for an unbeatable price (under $90 shipped!).

Those are the ones that I can remember right now. If you want to find other retailers just check out Judogi (judo uniform) sources online Hope that helps.

flawless victory no person can do shit to me physically lyrically hypothetically realistically
-pun
Old 09-22-2009, 09:45 AM   #5
KBE6EKCTAH_CCP

Purple Belt

wtf, they have discontinued the moskito ?

Alos very true what was said about Adidas gi: I know the Elite, despite being an amazing gi, has short sleeves and long skirt...

I got myself an Essimo recently. So far the best gi I have ever tried.

KBE6EKCTAH_CCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 05:18 PM   #6
MMAATHLETE

Brown Belt

bump

-pun
Old 09-25-2009, 09:50 PM   #7
RogerF

vCash:
another vote for Toraki. I own 2 Toraki Judo Gis (the lower end dojo ones) and one Toraki BJJ Gi and have to say that they are top notch when it comes to quality.

I also own a Atama Double Weave A3 and when compared to the Toraki BJJ Gi they quality is identical IMO, the cut is diff but everything else is ver similar (weight, stitching, etc) I know you are asking about judo gis but I mentioned this to give you an idea about over all quality.