Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Training Discussion > Dieting / Supplement Discussion

Dieting / Supplement Discussion You eat like a pig. You'll never be a champion if you stuff yourself with that slop. Get in here.

Old 12-10-2010, 09:28 AM   #1
superking

Purple Belt

vCash: 500
USDA Gestapo Confiscates Raw Milk

I don't know how many of you's know how drop-point deliveries for raw milk work.

Essentially a dairy farm trucks in raw milk -- based on customer orders usually submitted via an HTML form on their website or e-mail -- to a mutually agreed upon drop point where the customers are waiting. The milk is paid for at the time of delivery.

This is all very clandestine and hush-hush. I'm not interested in arguing the legality of such a practice. If I was, I would've posted this in the War Room.

Just kinda giving people a heads up. I didn't know the USDA had field agents with the authority to confiscate personal property.

Old 12-10-2010, 12:17 PM   #2
dropshot001

Red Belt

The usda is such a joke. Raw milk is safe and is being treated as if it was absurdly dangerous. The fact that they waste their time and money on stopping something as innocuous as raw milk is pathetic

Old 12-10-2010, 12:28 PM   #3
Blackice

Orange Belt

They'll probably take that milk home to their families and drink it themselves.

Blackice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 12:37 PM   #4
Revok

Brown Belt

Bizarre. UK governments have long excelled at legislative absurdities akin to this, but surprisingly raw milk can still be bought here (or, in England at least), albeit with a few stipulations - it's got to be sold either on or very close to the production site, there are warning labels, regular checks on microbe levels, etc. I think after mad cow disease there isn't much public appetite for it anyway. I wouldn't drink it on a dare.

What are purported to be the pros of raw milk consumption?

Old 12-10-2010, 01:09 PM   #5
superking

Purple Belt

The laws regarding the sale of raw milk here in the USA differs from state to state, sometimes even county to county.

Where I'm from in Pennsylvania, raw milk must be sold on the premises of a state-certified raw dairy farm. That means the dairy farm can't ship it to grocery stores, convenience stores, farmer's markets, the drop-points I've mentioned above, etc.

The closest state-certified farm to me is roughly 30 minutes away. But for others around the state or even my county, these drop-points are all they have.

Revok, here's a site where you can find more information on raw milk: A CAMPAIGN FOR REAL (RAW) MILK!

Old 12-10-2010, 03:33 PM   #6
scottm

Green Belt

Bastards.

scottm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 12:07 PM   #7
ss4vegeta1

Blue Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottm View Post
Bastards.
Right on... who the fuck do those people think they are taking raw milk away. I swear to God I'd rather starve than live off a western corporate driven diet. Go raw milk.

ss4vegeta1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 12:18 PM   #8
Revok

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss4vegeta1 View Post
Right on... who the fuck do those people think they are taking raw milk away. I swear to God I'd rather starve than live off a western corporate driven diet. Go raw milk.
They're your government (assuming you're American). Seriously, ranting at the guy doing his job or complaining about it on the internet doesn't count as democratic participation. Advocate for change.

Old 12-11-2010, 10:22 PM   #9
dropshot001

Red Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revok View Post
They're your government (assuming you're American). Seriously, ranting at the guy doing his job or complaining about it on the internet doesn't count as democratic participation. Advocate for change.
you're absolutely correct. it's important to stay on top of laws as they get proposed to make sure that no silly stuff gets through

Old 12-11-2010, 10:40 PM   #10
Bernardo Fanti
Amateur Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revok View Post
Seriously, ranting at the guy doing his job
The guy doing his job has a choice.
He can make the choice to numbly do his job independently of moral implications, or he can make the choice to think, use logical reasoning, even human compassion. USDA agents chose their job, and a lot of them do it for a reason - they enjoy the power, morally right or wrong. As do cops.

Bernardo Fanti is offline   Reply With Quote