Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Training Discussion > Dieting / Supplement Discussion

Dieting / Supplement Discussion You eat like a pig. You'll never be a champion if you stuff yourself with that slop. Get in here.

Old 11-14-2008, 01:54 AM   #1
Urban
Savage Mystic

vCash: 500
Recovery froms stitches/surgery

Had some minor surgery on my hand the other day, they removed a tumor from my left palm that was about the size of a marble (took me three years to grow that mother fucker), and as a result I have 10 stitches and a "no-exercising until further notice" standing order from the doc. how can I speed recovery from this? traumeel? neosporin? DMSO?

As it stands, i'm changing out the dressing every 24 hours and keeping it clean and wrapped. got any voodoo witch doctor health food store cures for me to help speed things up?

Old 11-14-2008, 02:25 AM   #2
Justin_Time

Orange Belt

traumeel has done me well for stitched wounds... I usually take a few of the pills, as well as the cream on the wound

Justin_Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 02:35 AM   #3
younggunz
working it on out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban View Post
Had some minor surgery on my hand the other day, they removed a tumor from my left palm that was about the size of a marble (took me three years to grow that mother fucker), and as a result I have 10 stitches and a "no-exercising until further notice" standing order from the doc. how can I speed recovery from this? traumeel? neosporin? DMSO?

As it stands, i'm changing out the dressing every 24 hours and keeping it clean and wrapped. got any voodoo witch doctor health food store cures for me to help speed things up?
The wound is finished healing when the stitches dissolve...
other than that..... this works like magic...

Collasate Gel

things i've used....

warm salt water flush..
iodine
mineral gel.

younggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 11:13 AM   #4
MikeMartial
Senior Moderator

Vitamin C w/ bioflavinoids enhances collagen formation and repair.

I had a benign myxoid neurofribroma removed from my left hand when I was 21. I ended up finding some "missed" stitches about 4 years later. Amateur bathroom surgery = not a lot of fun.

-Robb Wolf
MikeMartial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 03:24 PM   #5
Urban
Savage Mystic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMartial View Post
Vitamin C w/ bioflavinoids enhances collagen formation and repair.

I had a benign myxoid neurofribroma removed from my left hand when I was 21. I ended up finding some "missed" stitches about 4 years later. Amateur bathroom surgery = not a lot of fun.
so I should eat oranges? or is there a pill/gel you recommend? Did you really have somebody remove it in home?

Old 11-14-2008, 03:40 PM   #6
MikeMartial
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban View Post
so I should eat oranges? or is there a pill/gel you recommend? Did you really have somebody remove it in home?
You can probably just supplement with regular vitamin C; I remember reading about this ages ago, it could have even been from L. Pauling's work.

Yeah I had someone remove the rogue stitches at home---me. A sharp knife with a fine point, a needle, and some rubbing alcohol were the tools on hand.

I had the stitches taken out at the physician's office, but some were missed, and healed over. Eventually they work their way to the surface. It's actually the second time it's happened; the first time, I crushed my 2nd and 3rd fingers while working on a remote oil rig, and had a doc attempt to stitch them back together. Some of the stitches were deep, and I waited too long to get them out, and ended up finding a couple a year later.

-Robb Wolf
MikeMartial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 03:47 PM   #7
byukid

Blue Belt

Vitamin C definitely- post skin graft (both times) it has done wonders for both the donor site skin regeneration and for the skin graft maturity.

Fish Oil, a multi and greens+ are the only other things I take right now. I think the Fish oil has helped too with the skin, but since you're not recovering from skin grafts, i wouldn't worry.

Shortys be showing me love
Cuz I'm drinking O'Douls
byukid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 03:59 PM   #8
Urban
Savage Mystic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMartial View Post
You can probably just supplement with regular vitamin C; I remember reading about this ages ago, it could have even been from L. Pauling's work.

Yeah I had someone remove the rogue stitches at home---me. A sharp knife with a fine point, a needle, and some rubbing alcohol were the tools on hand.

I had the stitches taken out at the physician's office, but some were missed, and healed over. Eventually they work their way to the surface. It's actually the second time it's happened; the first time, I crushed my 2nd and 3rd fingers while working on a remote oil rig, and had a doc attempt to stitch them back together. Some of the stitches were deep, and I waited too long to get them out, and ended up finding a couple a year later.
I thought you meant you removed the myxoid neurofribroma and stitched yourself up at home. HA! that's TOTALLY different. I've actually never had stitches removed at the doctor's office before, both times I've gotten stitches the removal has been in a bathroom at home.

Alright, I'm going to the health food store.

Old 11-14-2008, 04:03 PM   #9
easternbloc7
Banned

I've heard good things about cissus. I think DEVILsSON has used it.

easternbloc7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 05:15 PM   #10
Saith
UFC poster boy

From what I hear, Apple Cider Vineagar cures everything.