Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Training Discussion > Dieting / Supplement Discussion

Dieting / Supplement Discussion You eat like a pig. You'll never be a champion if you stuff yourself with that slop. Get in here.

Old 03-08-2006, 05:06 PM   #1
LCF

White Belt

vCash: 500
My guide to buying Ephedrine

Ephedrine, the active ingredient in Ephedra that stimulate weight loss is relatively easy and cheap to aquire. While the FDA outlawed ephedra in fat burning pills, they never did so in other mediums. In fact, anyone who has ever made their own Meth knows just how easy it is to get bulk ephedrine cheaply. Have you ever noticed that you now need an ID to buy certain kinds of Sudafed and Sudafed clones? That's because some Sudafed, basically the original formula, is pure pseudoephedrine. Pseudo-EPHEDRINE. Pseudoephedrine is not like pseudo-science in that it actually works in the same way as normal ephedrine, it is just man made. There are two main class of drugs that use ephedrine, Sudafed and it's clones, and bronchial dialator pills. The dialator pills are formulated to work more closely like the type used in fat burners of old, but are more difficult to find in a pure ephedrine only formula. (Note, I am not advocating using these medicines for anything other than their express purpose that they were approved for, that is illegal, instead I'm merely saying for the sake of knowledge that there are products with high doses of Ephedrine that are legal to buy.) This whole thing is fairly ironic as it isn't difficult to buy pills of pure Ephedrine with as much as 30 mg, but diet pills are restricetd to 10 mg and below! In fact, you probably have lots of over the counter drugs with ephedrine that you didn't even know, like robotussin. From a safety persepctive, never take more than 90 mg of ephedrine in a 24 hour period, and 30 mg should suffice for 24 hours unless you feel like rolling the dice with your life. The ECA stack is easy to replicate at home, a 325 mg pill of aspirin and and a NoDoz will replicate the old diet pills like Stacker, at a tenth of the price.

For those grateful for this saved money, you could always donate the excess to me... ;)

LCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 05:19 PM   #2
Ian Coe
Professional Fighter

Why do you advocate Aspirin?

And please, no help from the audience

Ian Coe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 05:42 PM   #3
LCF

White Belt

Actually that was a bit irresponsible of me, some people can have bad reactions after prolonged Aspirin use, especially at quanities of 300-600 mg a day. I personally use white willow which is supposed to be a naturally occuring aspirin and don't suffer from as many side effects.

As for WHY you use aspirin, it is highly synergetic with caffiene and Ephedrine. The caffiene enhances the effects of the ephedrine because it is also a thermogenic, and the Aspirin causes the effects of the Caffiene to last longer, I think it also makes Ephedrine last longer as well but I'm not sure. As for HOW that works, I'm not 100% on it, I believe it has something to do with thinning the blood so the body doesn't use get rid of it so quickly, but I could just be talking out of my ass.

Old 03-08-2006, 06:14 PM   #4
LCDforMe

Purple Belt

So you're saying that NoDoz (as in the caffeine pills at gas stations) and some asprin will replicate ECA? Wouldn't you need some ephedrine in that?

As for the ephedrine pills, what are some names companies? Would they just be called like Ephedrine? Where do you get them? (I haven't seen them at any stores).

You'll always be more than just a memory.
LCDforMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 06:55 PM   #5
Andy Cotterill
Sherdog Staff

The thread starter put in a good post. If any of you are interested, do a search on the "ECA Stack" on Google. This stands for Ephedrine, Caffeine & Aspirin. All 3 taken together are extremely effective for raising your metablism and is used by many people for fat loss. I've been using it for years and not only does it work, but like the first post says it is very cost effective. Some points to remember: Should never stay on the ECA stack for too long. When I do use it, I'll do it for 2 weeks then take 2 weeks off. There are some differing views on the amounts you should take, but a good generalized amount to take 2 or 3 times a day is 25 mg Ephedrine, 200 mg Caffeine and 325 mg Aspirin. The first time you use it you'll likely feel a little jittery and you'll feel your heartbeat rise. It's important to start slow...maybe for the first time only use it once a day until you're used to it. Work up slowly from there and usually 3 times per day is the maximum I'll use it. It's important not to take your last dose too late in the day as you might have a hard time falling to sleep. I take it 30 minutes before meals at 0700, 1100 and 1500 (3 pm).
If you're fortunate enough to live in Canada like I am, you can go to any bodybuilding supplement store and buy Ephedrine right off the shelf. I buy 12 bottles of 50 pills (600 pills) at a time for about $60 Cdn. Caffeine about $7 for a bottle of 100 and Aspirin can be found at any pharmacy.

Old 03-08-2006, 06:57 PM   #6
LCF

White Belt

the ECA stack is Caffiene, Aspirin, and Ephedrine, I was saying you could add those in addition to the ephedrine pills to create your own, cheaper ECA stack. As for the actual Ephedrine, I think you might have missed what I said. Sudafed, and it's clones are over the counter cold and sinus pills. The original forumula is a 30 mg pill of psuedoephedrine, which is just artificially synthesized ephedrine that is practically exactly the same as the kind that comes from Ma Hunag. You can also find Enphedrine itself in some bronchial dialotor pills, which you can check out at your local conviencience store/drug store/wal-mart that's closest to you, or on the internet. There's lots of brands to choos from, and I've seen some GNC stores actually selling pure ephedrine bronchial dialotor pills, right in the diet pill section, which made me chuckle.

Old 03-09-2006, 12:14 AM   #7
frettish

Yellow Belt

Is there any where to order ephendrine pills online? Just straight ephedrine not in the form of sudafed or a bronchial dialator.

frettish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 12:31 AM   #8
elcapitan

Green Belt

www.bodybuilding.com

elcapitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 12:38 AM   #9
frettish

Yellow Belt

Hmm. The first 5 links I clicked there after searching the cyberstore for "ephedrine" said they've all been discontinued...

Any other search terms to try?

frettish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 01:48 AM   #10
LCF

White Belt

The point of the article was that some formulations of both types of products contain pure ephedrine or pseudoephedrine, and nothing else. They're the same thing as buying the dietary kind, you can buy them in larger doses, and they are much cheaper than products geared towards weight loss, even though they are essentially the same.