Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Training Discussion > Dieting / Supplement Discussion

Dieting / Supplement Discussion You eat like a pig. You'll never be a champion if you stuff yourself with that slop. Get in here.

Old 12-15-2010, 10:45 PM   #1
OhNoZ

Orange Belt

vCash: 500
Keep peeing, don't know why!

So i've been on a low carb diet for over a month now and have been eating typically the same stuff all the time. chicken, eggs, red meat, cheese, fish, and some nuts and veggies. One workout I ended up a little dizzy and figured it was from dehydration so I decided to up my water intake.

I used to drink about 4 bottles of water a day and some diet soda, I only upped it 2 more bottles for the past three days and I've been peeing 6-8 times a day! I used to only pee maybe 3 times a day. I do know that this is from the water intake but would two bottles really increase my pissing time by double? I also recently decided to spread out my meals every 2-3 hours instead of 4-5 to help my metabolism, would that have any affect on this?

Its weird, these are all full streams not just dribblers. I'm only 21 so I am pretty sure it isn't a health thing. After 3 days (over 20 pee's later) my urine is still not clear either...

Does low carb affect your urinary system at all? Is my body finally being better hydrated and trying to flush out everything? Unless if your old is it common to have to pee almost every hour with proper hydration?

Old 12-15-2010, 11:00 PM   #2
Gavanshir**
Banned

I would get blood work done. You have an important symptom of diabetes.

Gavanshir** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 11:06 PM   #3
OhNoZ

Orange Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavanshir View Post
I would get blood work done. You have an important symptom of diabetes.
uh oh, my dad is diabetic so I can see that. But i'm physically fit and have been following from my understanding a diet made to help diabeties? You got me worried so I'm going to hit up the doctor because this has been freaking me out a little. I just can't see where I went wrong

Old 12-15-2010, 11:12 PM   #4
KILL KILL

Red Belt

the same thing happened to me while in a state of ketosis. bad breath, dry mouth, frequent pee pee breaks, and brick poops. They're just side effects.

Old 12-15-2010, 11:17 PM   #5
OhNoZ

Orange Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILL KILL View Post
the same thing happened to me while in a state of ketosis. bad breath, dry mouth, frequent pee pee breaks, and brick poops. They're just side effects.
good cause ketosis is what i'm after with my diet. haven't experienced the bad breath (that i know of) but the other three are relevant. Thanks, I'm still probably going to get some blood work done though for safetysees

Old 12-15-2010, 11:51 PM   #6
Sonny

Dude, I think it's just the increase in fluid in combination with your diet.

April 2nd 1982 - January 8th 2014
Sonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 12:12 AM   #7
ronin0352
Lift, Eat, Sleep, Repeat

While I agree with Sonny, I think getting a blood panel done is a good idea. I actually was in the doctor's office getting the results of mine just today.

Old 12-16-2010, 12:28 AM   #8
OhNoZ

Orange Belt

its hard to talk to people about this because I don't honestly know anyone who diets like this so I didn't really have any references. I knew here people have more in common with my diet and goals so I wanted to see if yall had any of the same issues. Its good to know it sounds common, its just so weird to have to pee so often. Appreciate the helps guys!

Old 12-16-2010, 12:46 AM   #9
numberthirtytwo

Orange Belt

whatttttt on earth are you guys talking about? the reason you are pissing more now is because you were SEVERELY DEHYDRATED before. Peeing 3 times a day? That is a freakishly low amount of piss breaks. THAT is abnormal.

Now that you added a little bit more you noticed an increase because you probably shifted from severely to MAYBE moderately dehydrated. 6-8 times a day is still not that much. Drink more water, use the color of your piss as a gauge. It should be clear, all the team. I piss every 2 hours probably, so maybe thats like 8x a day.

numberthirtytwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 01:10 AM   #10
ronin0352
Lift, Eat, Sleep, Repeat

Whoa, you're right. Peeing only 3 times a day is a little low. I still think blood work is a good thing, though. Whether you're having any issues or not it's good to track it.