Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Training Discussion > Dieting / Supplement Discussion

Dieting / Supplement Discussion You eat like a pig. You'll never be a champion if you stuff yourself with that slop. Get in here.

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 11:37 PM   #1
ThatPatP

White Belt

vCash: 500
Has anybody had this side-effect with Muscle Pharm's pre-workout supp?

I'm currently taking Muscle Pharm's "Assault" pre-workout supplement before weight training, and about 15 minutes after taking it I'll notice my face, underarms, and behind the knee tend to itch quite a bit. That's the only negative side-affect from the product, other than that, I get great endurance, focus, and a great pump. I'm still taking it and just toughin' out the initial itchyness of it (the itch subsides after about 10 minutes of it starting), and I was just wondering if anybody here has experienced this awkard side-affect?

Btw, I've taken alot of other pre-workout supplements and this has never happened to me before.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old 05-03-2010, 12:56 AM   #2
Staring At Fate
Refuse To Lose.

I'm going to try that soon I just got Muscle Pharms Bullet Proof. Heard great things about Assault though.

Old 05-03-2010, 05:40 AM   #3
oyaji poi
oyaji belt

It's probably the beta alanine.

I'm just going to straight up say that all products from Muscle Pharm are a ripoff and a major waste of money.

Read my sig.

Old 05-03-2010, 09:23 AM   #4
AboveThisFire

Green Belt

It's the beta alanine, I'll get the same response from supplements with BA in it every so often, it's ridiculously annoying and I'm pretty sure people at my gym think I'm on meth or crack with the amount I'm scratching my forearms and legs because of that reaction haha.

Old 05-03-2010, 10:35 AM   #5
Blackice

Orange Belt

I went throught 2 tubs of Assault and never had the itching problem. The first tub seemed to work okay for about 3 weeks. I wasn't sure if Ihad just gotten used to it or what, but the second tub didn't do a thing for me. The only thing good about it was the taste. Now I consider it expensive koolaid and will never buy it again. I tried their BulletProof and it never worked for me once despite all the raving I heard about it knocking you out. I like their Combat powder and their Shred. Those things for now at least are working for me. The place I got the bulletproof is willing to let me give it back and trade it for their recon product which I'm willing to try with an open mind seeing as I need a recovery supplement pretty bad right now with the workouts I'm doing. I don't agree that ALL their products are a ripoff, and I don't shoot anything down until I try it for myself. That's just how I am. If it does what I want it to do, I keep buying it, if it fails, I never buy it again. I get more out of half a can of Xenergy before my workouts than a full serving of Assault.

Old 05-03-2010, 04:54 PM   #6
Two Pints

White Belt

I haven't tried assault, but use combat and recon. The combat powder (chocolate) tastes better than most protein powders I've tried, and the recon really works for me. I spend a lot of time cycling, so after a good ride I'll use recon, and the difference in soreness/fatigue the next day is quite noticeably better. I know it's not on-topic, but of the two products I've used, I have found them quite useful.

Closed Thread