Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Training Discussion > Dieting / Supplement Discussion

Dieting / Supplement Discussion You eat like a pig. You'll never be a champion if you stuff yourself with that slop. Get in here.

Old 10-04-2006, 06:25 AM   #1
Sonny Chiba

Yellow Belt

vCash: 500
Best ephedra substitute?

I used fat burning pills that contained ephedra a few years back and they worked really well. I haven't tried any of the new stuff without ephedra and I was wondering if anyone knows what works best. I've been looking at carnitine and stacker but I have no idea if they're any good, I'd appreciate some advice/recommendations. Thanks.

Sonny Chiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 06:58 AM   #2
Mr.Totality
Banned

I am using carnitine and animal cuts and am pleased with the results. I have lost 16 lbs since july 5 and have gotten stronger in that time

Mr.Totality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 07:19 AM   #3
Sonny Chiba

Yellow Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Totality
I am using carnitine and animal cuts and am pleased with the results. I have lost 16 lbs since july 5 and have gotten stronger in that time
That sounds good, I'll definitely look into it then. What kind of fat burning workout do you do?

Old 10-04-2006, 08:01 AM   #4
DEVILsSON

ephedrine HCL.....pseudoephedrine HCL on top possibly? with caffeine and aspirin....

what's a good dosage for pseudo? 30? or 60?mg(the recommended dosage for adult for cold medicine, is 60).....

what about aspirin? 81mg?

DEVILsSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 09:18 AM   #5
Mr.Totality
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny Chiba
That sounds good, I'll definitely look into it then. What kind of fat burning workout do you do?
due to previous injuries I try not to run. I do however, put the incline of the treadmill as high aas it will go and use a speed I am comfortable with, usually 4.2 or 4.3. I will stay on that for about 30 minutes 5x per week

Old 10-04-2006, 09:35 AM   #6
Sonny Chiba

Yellow Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Totality
due to previous injuries I try not to run. I do however, put the incline of the treadmill as high aas it will go and use a speed I am comfortable with, usually 4.2 or 4.3. I will stay on that for about 30 minutes 5x per week
Definitely sounds like the right thing for me in that case, you have lost quite a lot in a pretty short time. For cardio/fat burning, I usually run for at least 45 minutes 3-4 times a week but just can't to make a breakthrough it seems. Thanks for the recommendation, I'll check it out.

Old 10-04-2006, 09:41 AM   #7
Mr.Totality
Banned

good deal. additionally I do use arginine for a more defined look. Have found it to work well. Good luck

Old 10-04-2006, 07:29 PM   #8
Lubaolong

vCash:
You can still buy Ephedra. It's sold under "asthma treatments" on some weight loss sites. Or you could just buy one of the synthetic ephedrines.

Old 10-04-2006, 08:02 PM   #9
Madmick
You Can't Stop the Signal

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILsSON
ephedrine HCL.....pseudoephedrine HCL on top possibly? with caffeine and aspirin....

what's a good dosage for pseudo? 30? or 60?mg(the recommended dosage for adult for cold medicine, is 60).....

what about aspirin? 81mg?
I wouldn't stack those two. Straight ephedrine HCl is more effective than pseudoephedrine, so if you increased dosage, I would just increase dosage of the former. But then, I wouldn't increase dosage of the former. 25mg of ephedrine HCl and you're good to go.

I hereby decree this the Official Sherdog HW Forum shibboleth.
Madmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 09:12 PM   #10
Sinister
Doctor of Doom

vCash: 502
Quote:
You can still buy Ephedra. It's sold under "asthma treatments" on some weight loss sites.
People have to watch out for DEA controlled deliveries with that.

https://www.youtube.com/user/LevantarAthletics

For nutritional/supplement advice e-mail to: luismonda@levantarathletics.com. Tips via paypal appreciated for speedy responses.
Sinister is offline   Reply With Quote