Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Training Discussion > Dieting / Supplement Discussion

Dieting / Supplement Discussion You eat like a pig. You'll never be a champion if you stuff yourself with that slop. Get in here.

Old 10-30-2005, 01:46 AM   #1
frettish

Yellow Belt

vCash: 500
Best Ephedra replacement? Looking for increased metabolism, heart rate, sweats, etc

I took the old Xenadrine w/ Ephedra back in the day and was wondering what products today are similar? Main goal is to aid in fat loss.

frettish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 03:24 AM   #2
Madmick
You Can't Stop the Signal

Caffeine. There is nothing else.

I hereby decree this the Official Sherdog HW Forum shibboleth.
Madmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 03:51 PM   #3
Rjkd12
Certified Bastard

Whats wrong with ephedra? It should be a lot easier to find, I am pretty sure they lifted the ban. I restocked up back in July.

Mick is right, caffeine is the only thing that comes close. That and methamphetamines.

"Every day is a kidney day"
Rjkd12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 04:10 PM   #4
Tommy Seoul
Banned

Meth. Ride the snake.

Tommy Seoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 12:26 AM   #5
Gio

White Belt

Bronkaid has ephedrine in it.

Go to ur local drug store

Gio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 12:32 AM   #6
frettish

Yellow Belt

I read that Caffine isn't that great for cardio work outs.

Bronkaid? Hmm. I will have to check it out.

As far as what's wrong with Ephedra? I don't know. I loved the old formula Xenadrine and the results I got from it, hence this post.

frettish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 02:18 AM   #7
Eric O
Amateur Fighter

Meth is evil shit. You won't feel hungary for days.

Eric O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 10:12 AM   #8
my big toe

Yellow Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by frettish
I read that Caffine isn't that great for cardio work outs.

Bronkaid? Hmm. I will have to check it out.

As far as what's wrong with Ephedra? I don't know. I loved the old formula Xenadrine and the results I got from it, hence this post.

Caffine is good for cardio, that's why it is considered an ergogenic.

http://www.ultracycling.com/nutrition/ergogenic.html

Caffeine is a stimulant that has well documented ergogenic effects.

It has been shown to decrease marathon run times and cycling time trials. Caffeine affects the body in several different ways. One way caffeine improves performance is by affecting the central nervous system causing increased neuronal excitability, consequently reducing reaction time. Another theory is that caffeine increases free fatty acid oxidation so that fatty acids are used for energy in place of glycogen (your body's main source of energy that is used during exercise). This allows glycogen levels to be maintained for a longer period of time, allowing you to ride longer.

Caffeine research has shown that consuming 3 to 6 milligrams of caffeine per kilogram body weight (or about 1.4-2.7 mg of caffeine per pound) can improve endurance by 20% to 50% without raising urinary caffeine levels above the International Olympic Committee limit of 1200 mg. Therefore, a 175 pound man will need 245 to 472 mg of caffeine. This level can be obtained by drinking 24 ounces of tea or 2 cups of coffee.

my big toe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 10:41 AM   #9
Sinister
Doctor of Doom

vCash: 502
Quote:
It should be a lot easier to find, I am pretty sure they lifted the ban. I restocked up back in July.
Nope. That is a rumor out of control, the full scoop as it stands currently is in the Supplement News thread at the top of the forum.

And so far the two best fat burners IMO on the market that replace those that had Ephedra are Redline by VPX in the serum, if you can stomach the taste (and a suggestion is to eat something small about 20 minutes after taking it or it could cause some nausea), but it's crazy strong. The other is the TIGHT by SAN, had me sweating my ass off and is the only legit 1 pill per-day fat burner on the market that I've seen that's legal.

https://www.youtube.com/user/LevantarAthletics

For nutritional/supplement advice e-mail to: luismonda@levantarathletics.com. Tips via paypal appreciated for speedy responses.
Sinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 10:46 AM   #10
b0b
Banned

Ephedrine HCL is still perfectly legal, and you know exactly how much you are getting, which wasn't the case with Ephedra. www.bodybuilding.com has Vasopro, which has 25mg Ephedrine per pill.

b0b is offline   Reply With Quote