Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Training Discussion > Strength & Conditioning Discussion

Strength & Conditioning Discussion You call that a deadlift? HA! Come in and share your woes, girly man.

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 04:43 PM   #71
Justice 4 All

Brown Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rookie belt View Post
They call that the jefferson lift. Its and old exercise rarely used anymore, but I heard it allows you to deadlift more, something like using the trap bar.
Allows for deadlifting more? I can't imagine wanting to pull anywhere near my max whilst my spine's in rotation like that.

Last edited by Justice 4 All; 03-15-2012 at 05:10 PM.
Old 03-15-2012, 05:55 PM   #72
HIMBOB

vCash: 1513
I went to the gym yesterday to do weights,

I grabbed at random a T-shirt, shorts, socks and I thought I would wear my coloured Tigers as they have a nice flat base.

Get to the gym get dressed and it turns out I have perfectly matched and coloured coded my whole outfit.

I honestly felt like an idiot, I am never that well matched even outside of the gym.

Never forget the freedom fry!!!
Old 03-15-2012, 08:17 PM   #73
John Bugara
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIMBOB View Post
I went to the gym yesterday to do weights,

I grabbed at random a T-shirt, shorts, socks and I thought I would wear my coloured Tigers as they have a nice flat base.

Get to the gym get dressed and it turns out I have perfectly matched and coloured coded my whole outfit.

I honestly felt like an idiot, I am never that well matched even outside of the gym.
One time me and a buddy met up at the gym, and we both happened to be wearing grey sweats with white beaters. Talk about douchebags.

Old 03-15-2012, 08:25 PM   #74
Midnighter
Antichrist

When I was in highschool me and my friend came wearing the same shirt...ppl thought we planned it :|

Old 03-15-2012, 10:24 PM   #75
John Bugara
Banned

feelsbadman

Old 03-15-2012, 11:00 PM   #76
Envy

Silver Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice 4 All View Post
Saw someone doing a weird variation of deadlift where he pulled the bar up in between his legs. Didn't know what to think about it, other than it must suck if your arms are short and the bar's smashing into your balls at lockout.

Happened to run into a Kai Greene video where he's doing the exact same thing:

@0.14

What the hell is that, and what's it for?
Man, That video is gayer than 8 dudes blowing 9 dudes.

Old 03-16-2012, 12:02 PM   #77
rms13

Purple Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Bugara View Post
One time me and a buddy met up at the gym, and we both happened to be wearing grey sweats with white beaters. Talk about douchebags.
There are always about 4 Armenian Jersey Shore wanna bees at my gym with matching black pants, black wife beaters, chains, shaved head and 5 o'clock shadow beards working out together. Bros

Old 03-18-2012, 06:31 AM   #78
EchoBoomer
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeakrazo View Post
Forgive my noobishness regarding olympic barbell lifting. I have been following the RKC program for years now and wanted to try squatting/DL heavier things on the bar. They suggest bare feet or flat sole shoes. I just looked up weightlifting shoes and the fronts are flat with a slightly raised, cushioned heel.

I suppose that is to help pad the heel so when you drive through your heels you don't injure your foot and are still able to stabilize with the toes on the flat front?

Perhaps this isn't the thread to ask these questions.
NO, the raised heel is for lifters who have poor mobility in their ankles. This allows them to reach depth. The heel is also hard and made out of wood, so you can transfer the maximum amount of force to the ground. You don't want to lift through a cushioned heel. Imagine deadlifting on a mattress and then a wooden platform. Which one would you think would enable you to move more weight? I personally think that it's better to work on your mobility, so you can achieve depth naturally, but that's just my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice 4 All View Post
What if the person said, "five minutes"?
Strong lol, i don't think anyone else got it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rms13 View Post
There are always about 4 Armenian Jersey Shore wanna bees at my gym with matching black pants, black wife beaters, chains, shaved head and 5 o'clock shadow beards working out together. Bros
I noticed you're in LA, do these armenians seem to also gather at the local starbucks??? There are these group of armenians that try waaay too hard to be thug that hang out at my la fitness, armenian genocide memorial, and starbucks. One of them came into my bjj gym and actually tried to punch a dude while rolling! I hate these guys!

Old 03-18-2012, 06:54 AM   #79
JauntyAngle
International man of mystery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy View Post
Man, That video is gayer than 8 dudes blowing 9 dudes.
Yeah... nothing is gayer than a homosexual blowjob giver-receiver mismatch.

9 dudes blowing 9 dudes though- nothing wrong with that. Just some healthy, red-blooded expression of brotherly affection.

Old 03-18-2012, 07:04 AM   #80
KnightTemplar
007 Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoBoomer View Post
NO, the raised heel is for lifters who have poor mobility in their ankles. This allows them to reach depth. The heel is also hard and made out of wood, so you can transfer the maximum amount of force to the ground. You don't want to lift through a cushioned heel. Imagine deadlifting on a mattress and then a wooden platform. Which one would you think would enable you to move more weight? I personally think that it's better to work on your mobility, so you can achieve depth naturally, but that's just my opinion.

Strong lol, i don't think anyone else got it...

I noticed you're in LA, do these armenians seem to also gather at the local starbucks??? There are these group of armenians that try waaay too hard to be thug that hang out at my la fitness, armenian genocide memorial, and starbucks. One of them came into my bjj gym and actually tried to punch a dude while rolling! I hate these guys!
I didn't get it 'til I watched that video!

Captain Kirk is a legend. I love his response to people who believe Squatting is dangerous.

"What are you, scared? I thought Powerlifters were supposed to be big tough guys?

Strap your **** on, leave your pussy at home, put a Bar on your back and bend your fucking knees!"

Officer of Team KGB: Game of Death(Lifts) Champions 2013

Member of the JLA: Winners of the Dark Knight Trophy 2014
Closed Thread