Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Training Discussion > Strength & Conditioning Discussion

Strength & Conditioning Discussion You call that a deadlift? HA! Come in and share your woes, girly man.

Old 03-03-2012, 05:44 AM   #1
gingersi

White Belt

vCash: 500
Broken metatarsals

Ok guys. Broke two metatarsals in bad way training mma. Operated on plate in my foot now. 6 weeks non weight bearing

Ideas for rehab to get me back to training - my background is strikIng- should I go back to this or contInue mmA?

gingersi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 09:15 AM   #2
dannysmith

Blue Belt

You should consult a doctor about rehab. After you're all healed up, just go back to the sport you enjoy more-mma or striking base

dannysmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 09:32 AM   #3
ripskater

Green Belt

Buy the book Probodx. It has an foot and ankle routine. It got me back to playing bball after ankle surgery and a few years off. It helped me more than my physical therapist. Don't use it until you can put weight on your foot. Some things will be be too advanced for you when you first put weight on it. So you don't want to hurt yourself all over again. Show the routine to your physiotherapist. Your muscles and tendons in your foot will quit working due to the trauma, surgery and the long layoff. You will need to gain back the use of every toe muscle, the muscles in your arch and the loss of proprioception that comes from not using those muscles. Your foot will probably never be the same. Just like mine. But be patient and don't try to do too much too soon. But I can do things because I stumbled onto that book on the internet.

ripskater is offline   Reply With Quote