Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Training Discussion > Grappling Technique

Grappling Technique You don't know a heel hook from a toe hold, and that's why you need to come here.

Old 12-14-2007, 09:33 AM   #1
SpartanWarrior8**
Banned

vCash: 500
Whats the best way to get flexible legs to do the splits?

Just wanting to know how the faster way to effectively stretch legs, so i can kick high/do the splits etc.

SpartanWarrior8** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 10:01 AM   #2
dynamite98

Yellow Belt

It takes time. I studies Tae Kwon Do for 5-6 years and never got it completely, but the best way I stretched was doing some initial stretched, warm up for a few minutes for your legs/muscles to get warm and limber, then stretch again. You'll notice quite a difference, but even with this it will take time. Or, if time isn't on your side, you can try the Frank Dux method in Bloodsport.

dynamite98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 10:04 AM   #3
Cojofl
<:(((><|

Stand-up forum might be a better place to ask.

Old 12-14-2007, 11:14 AM   #4
Chill Dog**
Banned

It took me 6 years to be able to do a side split but I was never able to get the front split....more bc of the pressure it put on my knees but it takes TIME!!

If you OVERstretch you can actually reverese the progress you have made. Muscle fibers are like intertwind (sp) fingers. As you stretch they pull apart (much like when you tear the muscle when working out) however if you OVERstretch they can heal themselves in the wrong place.

Have you ever seen a bodybuilder who couldnt str8n his arms all the way?? Its because his muscle fibers have fused themselves together in the wrong place from overtraining. A similiar (yet not half as severe thing can happen from over stretching so just be careful and do not go too far overboard)

Chill Dog** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 11:33 PM   #5
EclipsedAgent

Purple Belt

Well the fastest way is a machine.. But it'll hurt too

EclipsedAgent is offline   Reply With Quote