Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Training Discussion > Grappling Technique

Grappling Technique You don't know a heel hook from a toe hold, and that's why you need to come here.

Old 03-21-2011, 09:21 AM   #31
laohu69

Blue Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disastorm View Post
......a transgender woman.....
No such thing. You have 2 chromosomes. If you have XX chromosomes then you are female. If you have XY chromosomes then you are male. Regardless of how much plastic surgery you have to nip, tuck & remanufacture you will always be the gender that your chromosomes dictate.
A "transgender woman" is as ludicrous as the "pregnant man", which was just a female who had taken hormones to as part of a pre-op for having a male simulation surgery.

laohu69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 10:16 AM   #32
futang17

Green Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by laohu69 View Post
No such thing. You have 2 chromosomes. If you have XX chromosomes then you are female. If you have XY chromosomes then you are male. Regardless of how much plastic surgery you have to nip, tuck & remanufacture you will always be the gender that your chromosomes dictate.
A "transgender woman" is as ludicrous as the "pregnant man", which was just a female who had taken hormones to as part of a pre-op for having a male simulation surgery.
quit trolling

futang17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 10:21 AM   #33
Deltafarce

Blue Belt

did transgenered dude/women spend some time in the IDF before this?

Deltafarce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 10:33 AM   #34
Rod1

Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltafarce View Post
did transgenered dude/women spend some time in the IDF before this?
Well IDF time is mandatory for all Israelis.

Rod1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 10:36 AM   #35
Belatucadros

Brown Belt

Jag, what'd you do to get yellows?

Belatucadros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 02:58 PM   #36
TheeFaulted
Inzer Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by laohu69 View Post
I don't buy the sexuality PC crap as much as the next guy, but technically you are wrong. You are confusing gender with sex. Sex refers to male or female, the biological difference you brought up. Gender refers to masculine or feminine. Gender roles are culturally proscribed an therefore are fluid; sex is not. If you have ever referred to a man as effeminate then you have realized the difference between sex and gender social roles.

TheeFaulted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 03:03 PM   #37
Jagcorps_esq

Red Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belatucadros View Post
Jag, what'd you do to get yellows?
Mouthed off at someone trying to say that the Jones/Rua fight was won with an illegal kick.

It's rightly deserved. I let my scotch talk for me....not good. I was trolled hard.

Oh well. First dubs I've gotten in nearly three years. I can live with that.

Old 03-21-2011, 05:03 PM   #38
laohu69

Blue Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheeFaulted View Post
I don't buy the sexuality PC crap as much as the next guy, but technically you are wrong. You are confusing gender with sex. Sex refers to male or female, the biological difference you brought up. Gender refers to masculine or feminine. Gender roles are culturally proscribed an therefore are fluid; sex is not. If you have ever referred to a man as effeminate then you have realized the difference between sex and gender social roles.
I see your point but I am not confusing gender with sex.
At the end of the day the person in the TS post was & is a male who threw the guy, regardless of how he was dressed / altered or which role he desires to take in society.

laohu69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 06:22 PM   #39
Devils Haircut

Yellow Belt

WTF does transgender mean?
Oh, and that chick was hot!
Posted via Mobile Device

Devils Haircut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 06:23 PM   #40
Devils Haircut

Yellow Belt