Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Training Discussion > Grappling Technique

Grappling Technique You don't know a heel hook from a toe hold, and that's why you need to come here.

Old 08-10-2010, 05:21 AM   #1
HomerPlata

Purple Belt

vCash: 500
Squeeze strength exercises

Anyone have interesting ways of improving squeeze strength? No particular grip in mind, I'd just like to get a few novel ideas for improving my own. I include leg squeeze strength for triangles/guard retention etc. not just arm squeeze strength.

Old 08-10-2010, 05:28 AM   #2
BJJ Heroes

Yellow Belt

For grip strength, forearm and back

Functional Strength Exercises for BJJ - BJJ Heroes

Old 08-10-2010, 05:55 AM   #3
Dr Boondigga

Yellow Belt

There's an entire forum dedicated to strength, its just under the grappling forum. It has what your asking for.

~Sir Winston Churchill
Dr Boondigga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 05:56 AM   #4
Belatucadros

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerPlata View Post
Anyone have interesting ways of improving squeeze strength? No particular grip in mind, I'd just like to get a few novel ideas for improving my own. I include leg squeeze strength for triangles/guard retention etc. not just arm squeeze strength.
squat/deadlift
pushups/bench

Belatucadros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 06:48 AM   #5
laohu69

Blue Belt

As mentioned above squats (& leg extentions / curls) for overall leg strength. The adductors are the muscles that bring your leg in to the center of your body. In addition to squats, etc. you can add specific excersizes for the adductors. Use a low pulley and an ankle strap & face perpindicular to the weights then pull your leg into your body.
Also, as mentiond above, the streegth & conditioning forum would be the correct place to ask.

laohu69 is offline   Reply With Quote