Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Training Discussion > Grappling Technique

Grappling Technique You don't know a heel hook from a toe hold, and that's why you need to come here.

Old 04-05-2011, 04:12 PM   #1
Ezra4Ever

Orange Belt

vCash: 500
Lassiter Jiu jitsu...???

I'm at work and was browsing the web, reading blogs, articles, etc...and stumbled upon this blog.

Now, I am not trying to put this guy out there or flame him, just thought his blog was interesting and what others may think. I believe from his blog, he is a 3rd stripe blackbelt, but in what?...LJJ (which he calls Lassiter Jiu jitsu) or BJJ? I searched/Googled on him and found nothing but his blogs.

MY LIFELONG PASSION FOR THE MARTIAL ARTS: Lassiter jiujitsu thoughts on belt progression (part 2)

there's a lot more in his other post/blogs

Ezra4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 04:21 PM   #2
davejitsu

Purple Belt

Hes wearing an RDGA patch on his gi. Is he a BB under Royler?

davejitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 04:34 PM   #3
bjjaz
Got the Rock...Time to Roll

vCash: 50
He claims to have his own JJ, LJJ he says vs BJJ, which is basically just self-defense.

I don't do Krotty.
bjjaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 04:36 PM   #4
bjjaz

Though he makes a post about RIP "grandmaster" and it is about Helio Gracie.

I don't do Krotty.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:40 PM   #5
bjjaz

Oh great he is from AZ. Also if you look on his earlier posts, at our AZ tournaments, he competes in the Master's Blue Belt division, and lost.

I don't do Krotty.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:41 PM   #6
Ezra4Ever

Orange Belt

I found some info. on

https://www.gracieuniversity.com/LC/...3QJ4TGT7X&n=28

I was reading a lot of his blogs and just found it was interesting, but could not find anything on his school, etc...but he teaches students and promotes them, so I was just curious because I like reading about BJJ blogs (like Gerbils) and ect....

Old 04-05-2011, 04:47 PM   #7
Ezra4Ever

Orange Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjjaz View Post
Oh great he is from AZ. Also if you look on his earlier posts, at our AZ tournaments, he competes in the Master's Blue Belt division, and lost.

if you're referring to the Oct. 2008 - Tournament results post. Yea, I found that kinda strange...he competed in 2008 as a blue, but as of recent, he's a 3rd stripe black belt

Old 04-05-2011, 04:53 PM   #8
bjjaz

He says its not about belts and competition, yet he does all the belts himself and maybe not "being" about competition is an excuse for not being that good technically.

I don't do Krotty.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:55 PM   #9
lechien

Silver Belt

He is using the same line like the Gracie Online program.

Edit: too much sport aspect in BJJ. should train for self defense. bla bla

lechien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 04:59 PM   #10
lechien

Silver Belt

Now it gets funny:

"Skeet was an excellent stand up fighter at the time, but unfortunately he was one dimensional. Skeet learned the value of Jiu-Jitsu and also the value of being a complete, and well rounded fighter and was inspired to learn the new, more effective style. His friend recommended that he go to the Gracie camp to learn more. Eventually, after years of study, Skeet decided to make Jiu-Jitsu his primary martial art. Skeet began instructing in 1995. While still working with, and adapting to, the techniques of Jiu-Jitsu, he took the application of leverage from the art and taught it to his students, showing them how it is possible for a smaller opponent to defeat a larger one. On a smaller scale than the Gracie's, Skeet began experimenting with, modifying, building sequences of techniques and enhancing the basic techniques that he had learned from the Gracie family until he came up with a style of his own. Skeet's quest became today's Lassiter Jiu-Jitsu, a hybrid martial art that is continuously evolving through constant study and competition throughout the nation. Much has been learned since he began developing his own unique style of Jiu-Jitsu. His techniques eventually enabled him to beat some very credible fighters regardless of size or strength"

lechien is online now   Reply With Quote