Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Training Discussion > Grappling Technique

Grappling Technique You don't know a heel hook from a toe hold, and that's why you need to come here.

Old 03-11-2012, 10:39 PM   #11
AnOddParadigm

Blue Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasoncyclops View Post
To be honest i am surprise.

Jordan is a brown belt mundial champ and we all know brown belt mundial champ are more than capable to beat any black belts (look at Satoshi, Langhi or Mendes )

but Lucas is elite indeed.
Later that day DJ Jackson *almost* beat Lucas Leite. It was a refs decision that could have easily gone the other way. A lot of brown belts beat black belts today, and a lot of world class guys got a run for their money.

But yeah, I need to cool it on the Jordan bashing. It is not because he left Alliance. My good friend Chris left Alliance for Atos and I still love the guy. You can only understand the hatred of Jordan if you've ever meet the guy.

AnOddParadigm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 11:01 PM   #12
MatsuneMullet**
Banned

Isn't Jordon the teammate who would leave early sometimes, stealing people's socks on his way out the door? If so, let everyone rub his nose in the turd.

MatsuneMullet** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 11:07 PM   #13
SuperSuperRambo
Senior Moderator

Just curious, why did Chris Visentin leave Alliance? He got 2 world championships with them, and it's not like Alliance has ever had trouble producing champs at the black belt level. Did he just want to move to San Diego or something? Cause I'll admit it's pretty nice out there.

It's nice to see someone part on good terms, I'm just curious how/why (unless it's personal, in which case I don't care).

Old 03-11-2012, 11:17 PM   #14
AnOddParadigm

Blue Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSuperRambo View Post
Just curious, why did Chris Visentin leave Alliance? He got 2 world championships with them, and it's not like Alliance has ever had trouble producing champs at the black belt level. Did he just want to move to San Diego or something? Cause I'll admit it's pretty nice out there.

It's nice to see someone part on good terms, I'm just curious how/why (unless it's personal, in which case I don't care).
He went to a seminar with the Mendes Bros and basically told him he should move out there and live in there house and train all day. I first thought they were joking, but they were serious. When you are young and you get opportunities like that, you have to take them.

AnOddParadigm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 11:18 PM   #15
jasoncyclops**
Banned

Well, seems like every elite competitors below brown belts are moving to Atos.

I mean... almost every single one of em were elite before they moved to Atos anyway. (Liera, Brian Morizi, Mike Carbullido...)

But who wouldn't want to train with Mendes bro and Galvao .

jasoncyclops** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 11:21 PM   #16
SuperSuperRambo
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnOddParadigm View Post
He went to a seminar with the Mendes Bros and basically told him he should move out there and live in there house and train all day. I first thought they were joking, but they were serious. When you are young and you get opportunities like that, you have to take them.
For sure. Very cool of the Mendes bros to make that kind of offer, and very cool for the Alliance folks to let one of their rising stars take the opportunity. Goes to show that you can switch teams on good terms if it's done in the open and with no hard feelings.

Old 03-12-2012, 08:30 AM   #17
cbtrn

Green Belt

From yesterday:

Old 03-12-2012, 08:45 AM   #18
OldManbjj

Green Belt

Lucas is a stud. No surprise.

OldManbjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:02 AM   #19
cbtrn

Green Belt

Cyborg kicked butt and smiled through the whole thing. So amazingly talented.

Old 03-12-2012, 09:10 AM   #20
yovan

Green Belt