Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Training Discussion > Grappling Technique

Grappling Technique You don't know a heel hook from a toe hold, and that's why you need to come here.

Old 09-10-2013, 05:27 PM   #1
DFWGrappler

White Belt

vCash: 500
Icon8 IBJJF Penalty Bull Sh*t ...now can't register for Worlds

I competed at IBJJF World Mundials in 2012 and while checking my weight (the day before my division started) i took my GI top off After stepping off the scale and immediately got swarmed on by a female IBJJF staff employee. She ran at me like I killed someone and demanded for my Drivers license. I asked why? She wouldn't tell me until I gave her my license. In complete surprise I was then informed that I received a penalty for removing my GI in the weigh in area. They said I would receive a letter from IBJJF. Well I got the letter several months later stating something like I owed them $70 for the penalty or I could not compete for the rest of the year without paying the penalty. Now in 2013 I'm trying to register for Master/ Senior Worlds and it won't let me register because it says I owe a "penalty". I've tried contacting IBJJF well over a week ago. No reply. Now even if they figure it out I'm still going to have to pay additional registration fee because its past the deadline. WTF is wrong with these people? Anyone had to deal with penaltys before? That rule was no was no where in the rule book for 2012 and i even pointed that out when she informed me of the rule. Now it is apparently in the 2013 rules!

Sponsored by: Wartribe Gear www.wartribegear.com
DFWGrappler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 05:29 PM   #2
BJJ Beginner

Green Belt

Fuck the IBJJF. There are plenty of other tournaments to enter.

BJJ Beginner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 05:37 PM   #3
codemonkey76

Black Belt

retarded and heavy-handed

http://www.fightclubjiujitsu.com

Facebook:
facebook.com/fightclub.beenleigh
facebook.com/askthereferee
facebook.com/codemonkey076
codemonkey76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 05:38 PM   #4
randomg1t
EVERYTIME CHAMPION

while they do have the biggest tournaments and i'm planning to enter a few of them in the future, if this happened to me i believe i'd tell the lady and the federation to go fuck themselves.

http://predictfights.com
randomg1t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 05:42 PM   #5
fighterforlife

Red Belt

vCash: 569
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWGrappler View Post
I competed at IBJJF World Mundials in 2012 and while checking my weight (the day before my division started) i took my GI top off After stepping off the scale and immediately got swarmed on by a female IBJJF staff employee. She ran at me like I killed someone and demanded for my Drivers license. I asked why? She wouldn't tell me until I gave her my license. In complete surprise I was then informed that I received a penalty for removing my GI in the weigh in area. They said I would receive a letter from IBJJF. Well I got the letter several months later stating something like I owed them $70 for the penalty or I could not compete for the rest of the year without paying the penalty. Now in 2013 I'm trying to register for Master/ Senior Worlds and it won't let me register because it says I owe a "penalty". I've tried contacting IBJJF well over a week ago. No reply. Now even if they figure it out I'm still going to have to pay additional registration fee because its past the deadline. WTF is wrong with these people? Anyone had to deal with penaltys before? That rule was no was no where in the rule book for 2012 and i even pointed that out when she informed me of the rule. Now it is apparently in the 2013 rules!
I would expect your minor penalty to be over. 2012 Worlds was a long time ago and any penalty should be long over. Send them an email asking them to remove the penalty, it might be a mistake.

fighterforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 05:44 PM   #6
LordOfTheBongs**
Banned

I hope ur not shocked, use a fake ID next time... Fuck them

LordOfTheBongs** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 05:49 PM   #7
ColeslawBJJ

Green Belt

Keep feeding them money and they'll keep making stupid leg lock and gi rules with it.

ColeslawBJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 05:49 PM   #8
Strange Shadows

Green Belt

Sad. Don't pay.

Honestly, IBJJF sounds more like the film Brazil

"Otavio was seriously embarrassing. He deserved to be slapped by Kron."
Strange Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 05:52 PM   #9
LordOfTheBongs**
Banned

Great movie, great de Niro cameo

LordOfTheBongs** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 05:54 PM   #10
PabloMEX

Blue Belt

You can only take this pomp and circumstance so far.

PabloMEX is offline   Reply With Quote