Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Training Discussion > Grappling Technique

Grappling Technique You don't know a heel hook from a toe hold, and that's why you need to come here.

Old 09-30-2010, 10:21 PM   #21
largemansmay***
Banned

vCash: 500
Now all I have to figure out is where in the hell I got ringworm from. My next door neighbor has a 2 and a half year old that plays with my son and a cat so it probably came from one of those two sources.

largemansmay*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 11:24 PM   #22
akdms

Blue Belt

I currently have ringworm in my beard too. It sucks, but it doesn't itch at all. It usually doesn't, and doesn't always look like normal ringworm (Google Tinea Barbae). It's hard to clear up too--the fungus gets into the hair follicles and is hard to clear. Make sure you don't reuse your razor or you will keep giving yourself ringworm. Buy disposables or let your beard grow out.

I'm still treating mine, but I wouldn't recommend bandaging. Fungus doesn't like dry places, so it seems to me that leaving it exposed to the dry air would be better.

Good luck.

akdms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 11:26 PM   #23
SuperSuperRambo
Senior Moderator

Ringworm. Get an anti-fungal cream and apply liberally.

Old 09-30-2010, 11:31 PM   #24
largemansmay***
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by akdms View Post
I currently have ringworm in my beard too. It sucks, but it doesn't itch at all. It usually doesn't, and doesn't always look like normal ringworm (Google Tinea Barbae). It's hard to clear up too--the fungus gets into the hair follicles and is hard to clear. Make sure you don't reuse your razor or you will keep giving yourself ringworm. Buy disposables or let your beard grow out.

I'm still treating mine, but I wouldn't recommend bandaging. Fungus doesn't like dry places, so it seems to me that leaving it exposed to the dry air would be better.

Good luck.
Does yours look like this? Shiiiittttt. I just went to walmart and I was going to pick up some lamicil or some creme for it and decided I probably don't have ringworm.

My reasoning was the following:

1) it doesn't itch

2) I have absolutely no idea how I could have gotten it...years of my life I have spent grappling and now that I am fat and lazy I get it, doesn't seem likely.

3) I went to town today on my beard with a buzzer before I shaved and my chin was the hardest spot to buzzer (so I was buzzing it pretty hard)

4) I think the spots are lightening up.

Anyway, now that you say that yours doesn't itch, it makes me worry. But worse comes to worse, I will check it out tomorrow, see how it looks and feels, and then take it from there.

Old 09-30-2010, 11:32 PM   #25
largemansmay***
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSuperRambo View Post
Ringworm. Get an anti-fungal cream and apply liberally.
LOL...DAMNIT. I am considering going back out to walmart right now after reading these last two posts. I will check it out tomorrow. I have no idea how I could have gotten it but it probably is ringworm.

Old 09-30-2010, 11:34 PM   #26
SuperSuperRambo
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by largemansmay View Post
LOL...DAMNIT. I am considering going back out to walmart right now after reading these last two posts. I will check it out tomorrow. I have no idea how I could have gotten it but it probably is ringworm.
Regardless, the shape suggests ringworm. It doesn't always itch. Just put something on it. Look at it like this: if it's nothing, it isn't like the cream is going to give you cancer or something. You might as well put some Lamisil on it.

Old 09-30-2010, 11:35 PM   #27
GJJNY

Purple Belt

Jesus H Christ, its just ringworm, calm down. You're acting like you just got ebola.

And it is ringworm, just treat it and don't spread it.

GJJNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 01:48 AM   #28
largemansmay***
Banned

Alright, it is 2:45 now and I just got back from walmart. I was bugging out in my bed. I bought the lotrimin and applied it to my face. I am going to do that often for the next few weeks. Unfortunately I used my razor and my hair buzzer on my beard today, so I plan on disinfecting those tomorrow with bleach that I bought. I figure that bleach will kill the virus, right? Well I hope so because it was the first time I used the razor and it is one of those new expensive gillette's they got now. Also I REALLY don't want to have to throw away my buzzer because of this. So I am hoping that a nice bleach soak for a little will kill it.

LOL...I really need to figure out how I got this and hope to God that my 2 year old son doesn't have it.

Old 10-01-2010, 07:36 AM   #29
xMikeyX

Purple Belt

Ringworm is a fungus and not a virus. That's ringworm and you can even see more developing near the other sites- overapply it in that you want a larger circle so it cant spread- it spreads in a ring.

You have like 5 of them- one forming near your lip and one in between the pepporoni on your chin and your ear. Youll live .... this time.

Old 10-01-2010, 07:39 AM   #30
platfox

Red Belt

Crazy, I never really thought about checking for shit under neath my hair. I guess I should shave down my whole head every once in a while just to check.

Thanks for the thread TS, my next haircut will be a zero guard.

platfox is offline   Reply With Quote