Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Training Discussion > Grappling Technique

Grappling Technique You don't know a heel hook from a toe hold, and that's why you need to come here.

Old 03-30-2012, 02:48 PM   #121
Asphyxiator

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by raines513 View Post
cherry on top, a pic of my broken hand
Nice Google Images search for pic of random broken hand. Carry on.

Old 03-30-2012, 03:04 PM   #122
OldManbjj

Green Belt

vCash: 500
I despise those who despise the Gi! Jk. Hope you figured it out.

OldManbjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 05:13 PM   #123
SLaKKJaW

Blue Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asphyxiator View Post
You have a bad mouth and attitude, no wonder youre getting into street fights. One day youre going to get shat on by a brawler. But still dont buy it even a year later. Broken hand but continued to punch? Yeah, okay buddy. Goodluck to you and take care out there.

Also, insert WatchOutWeHaveABadAssOverHere.jpeg here
Not picking a side or anything, but damn you're the argumentative type, aren't you? Lol.

SLaKKJaW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 05:23 PM   #124
raines513

Blue Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLaKKJaW View Post
Not picking a side or anything, but damn you're the argumentative type, aren't you? Lol.
He's a dick

raines513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 10:25 PM   #125
jclaudevandamme

Orange Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLaKKJaW View Post
I don't understand the connection between BJJ with a gi and being slammed. What are you implying?
I am implying that it is all about objectives. Someone that does not want to learn how to defend against chokes that use a gi to the point that he is pissed about it he should just fucking train only in no-gi.

Saying that training without a gi makes your game always inferior and tell people to not pussy out is unnecessary. Guy do not want to use a gi do not tell him that he is a pussy for it as people might say too that forbidding scissors takedown is a pussy move and that everyone should start telling IBJJF to allow it because fighting without it is a pussy ass shit.

Do the gi makes you learn faster and get more positional control? Yes. Is it worth so much to the point that a non competitor should care about chokes that need your opponent to be wearing a hard jacket if he do not like them so much to want to stop? No.

Last edited by jclaudevandamme; 03-30-2012 at 10:32 PM.
jclaudevandamme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 11:39 PM   #126
SLaKKJaW

Blue Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jclaudevandamme View Post
I am implying that it is all about objectives. Someone that does not want to learn how to defend against chokes that use a gi to the point that he is pissed about it he should just fucking train only in no-gi.

Saying that training without a gi makes your game always inferior and tell people to not pussy out is unnecessary. Guy do not want to use a gi do not tell him that he is a pussy for it as people might say too that forbidding scissors takedown is a pussy move and that everyone should start telling IBJJF to allow it because fighting without it is a pussy ass shit.

Do the gi makes you learn faster and get more positional control? Yes. Is it worth so much to the point that a non competitor should care about chokes that need your opponent to be wearing a hard jacket if he do not like them so much to want to stop? No.
He's quitting because it's too hard for him to adapt, not because he feels its unnecessary. The rules are irrelevant. The fact that he's quitting because he can't hang outside his comfort zone is why I was saying he was pussing out. Seems, tho, that he's had a change of heart.

SLaKKJaW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 11:54 PM   #127
TheCuttlefish
Un************ *******

I'm a bit claustrophobic so I hated the gi at first. I still find myself panicking a bit if it gets bunched up around my face or something. Also, it's fucking hot.

Old 03-31-2012, 12:13 AM   #128
phillys-finest

Black Belt

I Told you guys im sticking with the gi! Im just cutting down on the amount!

Prayer does work and ALLAH is greater.

Samdog VP
phillys-finest is offline   Reply With Quote