Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Training Discussion > Standup Technique

Standup Technique Jab, right hook, left cross... is it really that hard? Talk about it here.

Old 03-25-2012, 03:32 PM   #11
td82394

Brown Belt

vCash: 500
Well, it depends on the situation. One thing I like to do, I'll step into my jab to close the distance ( not too much though), but instead of sliding both of my feet in at once, I just slide in my lead foot at first, and as I'm doing this, I'm already switching into a sort of TMA horse stance/side stance/back stance (You'll see it any Bruce Lee movie, especially when he's about to throw the side kick, just in case you need a visual model, lol). after I've established this angle, and I'm still kind of covering my opponent's vision with my hand, but not to the point of leaving myself overextended, I'm going to initiate the kick by stepping into it with my rear foot and chambering the kick, and now all you need to do is execute.

If you're checking your opponent's advance, however, the quickest way to do it from a forward facing stance is to chamber like you're throwing a teep and twist it into the side kick.

Basically just watch Cung Le fight lol.

"I wear a fez now. Fezzes are cool."
Still crazy after all these years >: D
td82394 is offline   Reply With Quote