View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 06:30 PM   #84
Jack V Savage
Funklord of the USA and the Nicest Guy on Sherdog

vCash: 604
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denter View Post
Way to dodge the question.
Huh? Am I on trial here? You asked a question, and I explained why it's not as simple as you're suggesting.

Quote:
The answer is, new regulation has increased significantly under the Obama admin.
Yes, I predicted that you'd make that claim.

Quote:
-FactCheck.org (non-partisan) supports that the first two years of the Obama admin have seen a sharp increase in costly new regulations from the first two years of teh Bush administration. Bush's regulations cost approx. 60 billion over 8 years- Obama's regulatory cost was 40 billion in a little over two years. FactCheck.org : Cherry-picking on Regulation
And they acknowledge a slowdown from the later part of Bush's term. And again, note, Sustein's claim that the net benefit of new regulations was $35B (I had a typo on that in my other post).

Quote:
-David Brooks, a liberal, admits that the cost of regulation had increased significantly under Pres. Obama, but takes issue with Republican hyperbole on the issue. http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/06/op...y-liberal.html
WTF? Do you know who David Brooks is? He's not a liberal. And he's not exactly known as a source for factual data (or for accurate claims about anything, including what he's seen with his own eyes).

Quote:
So would you now admit that the Obama admin. has imposed a greater regulatory burden on the country on an annual basis than his predecessor?
I admit that it's a hard issue to discuss, that the administration claims a large net benefit to the regulations, that right wingers claim the opposite, and that it's an insignificant issue either way.